how do I install the tado reciever to my Vaillant ecofit pure 830?

Options
We've recently had a vaillant ecofit pure830 installed and need to install a tado receiver to the boiler. any ideas please??

Answers

• Rob2
    Rob2 ✭✭✭
    Options

Read the installer's manual...?

• chippy85
    Options
    Rob.... do you have an ecofit pure? do you use tado??
  • GrayDav4276
    Options
    @chippy85
    Have you already purchased the Tado receiver, or are you still contemplating the purchase ?? 🤔
  • Rob2
    Rob2 ✭✭✭
    Options

No I have a different boiler but mine came with an installer's manual that the installer left behind. So it was easy to find where the thermostat would be connected and how to select on/off or opentherm operation. I guess it is the same for the ecofit pure you have.

• @chippy85 I feel your pain mate! I was having the exact same issue and seemed like nobody could help.

My electrician even had a go. He installed the Live ([L] Brown) and Neutral ([N] blue) leads, as well as the CH COM (Black) and CH NO (Grey) from the wireless receiver into the X1 (230V) section of the boiler board (left-hand side). However, although the wireless receiver successfully powered on, it didn't actually control the central heating.

So, after much digging, and contacting Tado and other plumbers I saw that there was another Tado app for the iPhone, 'Tado for Installers'. In that app under 'Wiring Instructions' I put in the make of my boiler - Vaillant EcoFit Pure 835, (just select the 'EcoFIT .. 800 series') and it displayed instructions for the CH COM and CH NO leads to go into the 24V=RT:X106 connector on the right-hand side of the board (it doesn't matter which lead goes into which of the two connector holes).

So, turned off the boiler mains, took the CH COM and CH NO leads out of the X1 230V connector, took the small RED brige wire out of the X106 24V RT connector then connected the Black and Grey leads to it.

Configuration from Wireless Receiver to Boiler: The Brown (L) lead is connected to the L and Blue to N on the X1 connector (left-hand side of the board), and the Black and Grey leads are connected to the X106 24V RT connector (right-hand side of the board) - See images below:

My wireless receiver is powered on and central heating is nicely controlled by my Tado app.

Still figuring out where's best to locate the wireless thermostat, but at least I no longer have to get out of bed before the family are up to manually turn on the heating.

Hope this helped, I sure would've liked this information when I was stuck.

God bless,

Dan 😉

• Silent_Oz
    Options
    @Dan_Blaxx08 your neutral and live inside the boiler, was there already wires inside those points? Do you have 2 lots of wires in there now?
  • maddoxstf
    Options
    "@Dan_Blaxx08 your neutral and live inside the boiler, was there already wires inside those points? Do you have 2 lots of wires in there now?"

Yes, it should be, thats the main power.

I got same ecofit 830, done everything Dan's done..and still not working. The receiver is powered, i can even hear a click when I'm doing some temperature changes from my tado a p but still doesn't fireup.
    Only difference I'm seeing is that Dan is having something additional connected to his x12 slot on the left hand side , above mains..
    @Dan......did you disconnect the programmer/timer( x 51, right hand side )?
  • Dan_Blaxx08
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @Silent_Oz yes you’ll have to double up the wires, just take the ones that are in there out then twist the Tado Live and Neutral wire to the ones that were already in the boiler before placing them in, together.

@maddoxstf I would recommend disconnecting any existing programmer, that’s what I saw in a video about a different thermostat, so it wouldn’t hurt.

I had a “doh” moment after I connected my thermostat (when I finally got it working). Basically because we were manually turning the boiler on and off, my boiler’s central heating temperature was manually turned all the way down to ‘off’ so although the Tado receiver was clicking when I turned the temperature up on the app, the boiler wasn’t doing anything because it was set to ‘off’. I set it to 60 and let the receiver turn it on and off per the schedule I’ve set in the app.

Secondly, (and is pretty obvious, but it was a late night and I was well over it all) my boiler wouldn’t fire up until I set the temperature on the app to something higher than what the wireless thermostat was picking up - obvious I know. So when I set the temperature higher than the current 21 degrees then the receiver kicked in and fired the boiler up.

By the way, 21/22 degrees is warm enough for us… anything more than that and it’s an uncomfortable type of heat.

Next stop, wireless rad valves, but I’ll wait for Black Friday sales to see if they come down in price.

Hope you guys get it working for you soon 👊🏾
  • Cheers Dan,

I'm still a little apprehensive...but you've given me more information from your blogs than the paper work(that I understand). Tado said there'll get back to me in two days with the right instruction...but to be honest, I'm itching to get this sorted. I've watched YouTube guys and they've used little jumper leads that come with the pack. What did you do with your's?

Thank you for your posts.

Regards John

• Thanks @Dan_Blaxx08 - I had been on with support for ages trying to figure out why I wasn't getting power - the instructions I was sent didn't mentioned having to double up on the L and N wires - saw your post and have now done this and everything is now working :-)

• phamilton
    Options

@Dan_Blaxx08 my installer just gave up installing because of this issue. He initially didn't go into the bus, but couldn't get the unit to demand heat. He then said that going into the bus like that risks frying the PCB and would definitely invalidate the Vaillant Warranty.

Did your installer say anything about that (or do you know anything about it?)