Home The Boiler Room

Which Smart Home platform do you prefer?

Which Smart Home platform do you prefer? 88 votes

Amazon Alexa
23%
HeatexpertStephenTrooperBingstrollerRusselldamienjmIptsoespongyBenjietv_8Paolo64rkleiner0NeelytirrailfAndeeandreig1978RobholdingLynchsteve97mouseymarsDuncan140969Room13Lmy1 21 votes
Apple Homekit
36%
Germán[Deleted User]GertprincpjelockwoodkobekesCharlieummarioJREiTaloTonyKJohnnyBigstreamDavydeVriesDirkDMitchKRichard_WCB83iMatuJachool 32 votes
Google Home
28%
Techie93NicjohnburTorbenOLawtonCaillteMarschristian_terpJasonUKMiskurMawsenDitsyMaurixraysightJowie83ronwebberbobbywisegeo24yoimooDenni1972 25 votes
Other
11%
HGBmroelandtsDutchmanNLVertigoVicNicklessmrmike1989Egp01WoodmansTwardio 10 votes

Comments

• Google Home

I am using Tado in combination with Google home and Smartthing / webcore

• Apple Homekit

I prefer HomeKit which I have voted for but I am also planning to implement Athom Homey and probably also Home Assistant. It would be great to see more support for these by Tado as well.

• Google Home

I am actively using Home Assistant and Node-Red for controlling Tado. It works pretty well but I would appreciate official API to be finally published.

• Amazon Alexa

I have tried repeatedly to set up Homekit with Tado, but Homekit doesn't recognise the Tado bridge. It works well with Alexa, so I'll have to stick with that.

• I have used Alexa and google, but I try and avoid using any manual controls. Better automation should mean I never need to manually control, via app or voice.

• Other
    Big time Home Assistant user. +1 for the official API request.
  • Other
    Another home assistant user
  • Ditto. Another Home Assistant fan here

• Amazon Alexa
    This poll is flawed.

I suspect most people (i include myself) will have used only one or, at most, two home assistants. So the notion of “preferring” one over another is mute.

I CAN tell you I use Alexa. It works in that I can ask for the temperature in a specific room (on the rare occasion I want to know) and set a room temperature.

Other than that, I can’t think why I’d want to interact with my heating system using an assistant - not until assistants get much smarter and can set room schedules, etc!

Now, if we could register guests (for geofencing) via an assistant, THAT would be really useful!
  • HGBHGB ✭✭✭
    Other

Home Assistant would be my choice.