TRV not requesting thermostat to be on

SmartMan
SmartMan
edited October 2021 in General Questions & Topics
I have the Tado thermostat and I noticed that the smart valves turn on but the thermostat is still off due to the schedule. I thought the TRVs could turn the thermostat on to heat up just that room.

Comments

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    @SmartMan they can depending on how your system is configured.

In the app, go to Settings -> Rooms and Devices. Then click on each room name. Scroll down to the bottom and ensure the zone controller is set to be whichever device is actually wired to your heating system, which in your case is probably the smart thermostat.

That will then allow each room to request that the thermostat fire up the boiler as and when they need heat.
  • SmartMan
    SmartMan
    edited October 2021
    @cbd20 Just checked and the thermostat is already the zone controller. I have the thermostat to off overnight. Could this cause it? Should I set it to like 10c?
  • cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    @SmartMan that seems strange that it's not working then. It shouldn't matter if the thermostat is set to off. If it's the zone controller for another room it should still request the boiler to fire if another room calls for heat.

I'm assuming you don't have an extension kit or wireless receiver involved in your setup?
  • No extension kit or wireless receiver. I just tested it with another TRV and it worked. I think it's just that one. I removed it and readded it and it seems to be turning the heating on now.

I will test it out for now.