Had this error when installing-
“ Before tado° can start working correctly, you
need to change your tado° setup. Please
make the following changes on the Smart
Thermostat/Wireless Temperature Sensor.

It is essential to set the correct driver,
otherwise tado° will not be able to
control your heating system.”

Anyone had this before ? Can’t find anything here or online and no response from support

Comments

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @David_or_what3ver what tado devices have you got installed, and what did they replace?

Did the error message say "driver" or "controller"?
  • Hi @cbd20 thanks for your reply; I’m replacing a Nest V3 (uk) on a Y plan heating system. I’m installing a smart thermostat with an extension kit for hot water control.

I copied and pasted that wording directly - it’s the word “driver” that I’ve not been able to find anything related to either!
  • Oh and I’ve had radiator thermostats set up and working fine for a couple of years now
  • cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @David_or_what3ver I could be completely wrong but it almost seems like tado is unaware which device is controlling the 3 port valve.

Someone else on here may know better, but it might be worth trying to access the installer menu to confirm how it thinks it's configured. On this page are the various installation instructions and the one with the extension kit manual shows how to access that menu:

https://www.tado.com/professional-manuals

I could be barking up the wrong tree here though...
  • paul_j
    Options
    Same issue for me! (How) did you solve it?
  • greg_o_ry
    Options
    I have the same issue. Can't seem to solve it, thermostat is assigned as the unit that should start the boiler if any radiotor requests it but nothing happens...
  • Same issue here. It’s been working fine for years. Water heating isn’t even an option anymore. I can’t set it up again because of this issue.

“It is essential to set the correct driver, otherwise tado° will not be able to control your heating system.”
  • Lexrun
    Options

Same problem here. Anyone found a solution in the past two years?

• Same issue. No solutions?
  • davidlyall
    Options
    Just a suggestion but have any of you asked Tado support?
  • Good suggestion. They do not give any response…
  • davidlyall
    Options

I find it interesting the comments on Tado support as in the few times I've needed to contact them, I've always got a response same or next day

How have you tried contacting them?