Manual thermostat adjustment temperature limit

We run a B&B and every room is equipped with a smart thermostat so the guests can control the temperature in their room (normally the Smart Schedule controls the temperature). To my surprise numerous guests turn the temperature to the maximum of 25°C (I guess they just turn the control knob all the way without thinking) and like a half an hour later they open their windows because it gets to hot. I like to have the option to limit the manual temperature adjustment to for instance 22,5°C instead of the 25°C. This will safe a lot of energie and will give my guests a better experience.

4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

Hi @Gebruikersnaam ,

There is a couple of things that you could do.

1. Activate the "Child Lock" feature for each of the SRT's concerned [ 'Rooms & Devices ' - select device and check the box ] This means that no changes can be made (physically) to the SRT, and therefore the SRT is purely controlled by the schedule.

2. Adjust the " Temperature Offset " by 2 or 3 degrees so the device appears to reach temperature and will therefore stop heating.

If you were inclined......you could do both.

• GrilledCheese2
    GrilledCheese2 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

@Gebruikersnaam another option (workaround) is to use a home automation service called IFTTT. You can use a pre-defined applet or create your own. For instance you could create an applet for “If room temperature reaches 22C then Tado resumes auto mode”. This will give guests manual control, but limit the maximum room temperature. You can also receive real-time notifications and emails each time the applet returns Tado to auto mode.