Limit the amount of heat a room can request (three flames)

It would be awesome if we could limit the amount of heat a room can request. This could be based upon the three heating indicators already shown in the app.

This way we could limit a room with in floor heating to only request low heated water since it does not make sense to run the system at 70 degrees because the intake is already limited to max 40 degrees.
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Hi @Moerbei
    Your boiler will heat the water to a temperature that will accommodate the highest heat request from your Tado devices......therefore the temperature of the water for your underfloor heating can't be "selective"
    Surely the Tado Thermostat in that room is effectively opening the relevant valve based on it's thermostat sensor.......or am I missing something here......I don't have underfloor heating so I'm not sure if I've misunderstood your request /comment.
  • ffMathy
    ffMathy
    edited January 2023
    I'd love this request too. If I had this feature, I'd always set the heating to 1 "flame".

I've had my radiator thermostat thermostat for 3 days now.

I'm never interested in the heating going fast, especially because my apartment is small, and Tado overshoots like crazy.

When my room is 18 degrees and I set the target to 22 degrees, tado keeps 3 flames active for a long enough time to make my room reach 26(!!!) degrees. Very wasteful.

I'd always prioritize economy over how fast my heating works. With 1 flame it would still heat fast enough, and tado wouldn't overheat.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Turn your max flow temperature down, especially if you’re using a relay (non modulating) connection. Sounds like at the moment Tado’s switching your boiler on and it’s ramping up to full output, which is too high for your room size/rad size/ level of insulation.

The other thing to do would be to look at having the boiler range rated if it can be. It may also be that Tado is still learning what levels it needs to warm up your apartment so will bring them down in time.