Location of Tado thermostat

Options

I have a three storey town house. The thermostat is hard-wired in the living room on the first floor. There are 4 radiators on that floor. The ground floor has two radiators (hall and kitchen) and is very cold. Would I be better relocating the thermostat to the hall and fitting tado radiator valves on the first floor? Should I hard-wire it? For information there is an extension kit in the kitchen to control hot water. Any guidance on best set-up much appreciated.

Answers

• Herres
    Herres ✭✭✭
    Options
    When using Tado valves you need valves on (almost) every radiator. The location of the thermostat does not matter because each room will be able to control its own temperature.
  • cortana
    Options

In addition to the thermostats on the radiator, I can recommend installing a wireless temperature sensor in every room. As far away as possible from the thermostats on the radiator.

This will give you the best possible room temperature measurement.

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Hi @cortana
    While I agree with your observation.....if you have a large(ish) property (I have 9 Tado Rooms) that's a massive additional cost to your Tado system. £££s
  • cortana
    Options

Hi @GrayDav4276, 🤗

Yes I understand what you mean. I also have 6 rooms in our house. In two of the rooms I only have one radiator thermostat because these two are very small.

It is indeed a significant amount of money. However, I do know myself. I only buy half of it only to find out later that I need everything 😁

Maybe you will be lucky on Black Friday and get the necessary equipment very cheaply.