Temporary off with timer

The current whole-house on/off feature is manually off, then manually on. It would be helpful to set a timer, so that we can turn the whole system off for a certain amount of time only.
8 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

...... turn off ......

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

...... boost .......

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

• This was available in hive and that was an awful app 😏
  • This can be easily achieved using ALEXA (if you have it, of course) I use it on a regular basis if I feel I'm ( house ) suddenly getting too hot. It works great and when the "manual change" timer has finished it automatically reverts to your current schedules.

• @GrayDav4276 Thanks. Can you do this for the whole house, or just one room? How about Google Home devices (which I have)?
  • @Bertskiii
    With the Alexa "routines" feature, you can set a routine to do whatever you want, from 1 room to all rooms etc.
    Sorry to say that I don't know about Google Home Devices......I don't use it, maybe someone else can assist you with that.
  • JerryK
    JerryK
    edited February 2023
    I'd propose a long press on "Turn off all rooms" allows user to set both a delay (until turnoff) and/or a duration. Similarly, the "Resume schedule" button should, with a long press, offer the same options of delay until resumption and/or duration. But maybe Alexa is another way to achieve this as suggested above if tado don't get around to it. It would be very simple for tado to implement, I suspect.
    The same options might be provided for the geofencing Home and Away buttons.

The objective is to preempt forgetting to reverse an override in time! :)