Copying Schedules from room to room, or grouping rooms

Options

I have recently got Tado, now with 11 rad thermostats over 10 rooms. Smart schedules are great, (I have not tried Geo yet) but doing the same schedule set-up over and over is painful. I'd like to set a schedule for all bedrooms for example (we all get up at the same time in the family), which would make it simpler to set up initially but also if a change is needed (during a holiday period) this can be applied across all rooms in the same grouping.

I read this can be done the web tool (not the app) but I can't seem to see any difference.

This seems like a very basic/simple requirement. Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, I have tried to search for myself but can't find anything.

Any help or guidance appreciated.

G

Answers

• Michael
    Michael ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

Unfortunately this feature is not available yet (not in the app nor the webapp).

I am pretty sure someone else already came up with this suggestion in the suggestion category, you might want to check it out and vote on this idea, so that our developers now this feature is wanted.

Kind regards,

Michael

• kitus
    Options

Being extremely honest, I wonder how you, as a company, come up with the smart thermostat product, without releasing this feature along with the product. It is an absolute nightmare to manage schedules the way it is implanted. I spent 6h yesterday installing 8 of these, only to then discover that I can’t group them, neither manage schedules reasonably. Your product is awesome, but the lack of an ability to group devices or manage a global schedule or a per-group schedule cripples it a lot.

• faqtsbe
    faqtsbe
    edited November 2019
    Options

I agree with kitus. The programming is too 'itemised'.

But also, in manual control I need +-15 clicks to set up the my apartment. There should be programmable 'pre-sets' for different situations (morning, evning, working, ...) . I have an irregular life therefore the 'smart schedule does not make any sense for me. On the first sight there is too much 'nice to haves' and not enough 'get the basics right'. I admit that being new to the Tado system I may not have understood it completely. So far, I'm not satisfied with the usability of the software at all.

• Gladyman
    Options
    What's worse is that there appears to be no development of this app. A tech startup, disrupting the established players I thought. (There are many others I could have purchased) Why then no notable updates in the past months?
    Grouping rooms and different plans should be a base feature. If a friend asked my opinion, I would say "Tado is great if you have a small apartment with few radiators. For larger places it's too cumbersome ". This ain't good for you Tado, are you listening?