Wireless Receiver V3 - Manual (Physical) Control

Options

Having connectivity issues between bridge and devices resulting in hot water not coming on.

Whilst I attempt to resolve this by moving the bridge, is there any way to manually turn hot water/heating on or off?

Pressing the test buttons once on the wireless receiver do it, but the test mode only lasts for 2 mins. I’d like to know if there is a way to turn it on and off permanently bypassing the app.

Answers

• collinz1
    Options

Did you ever find a way to do this?

It's one of the big negatives that we have with our setup is that the receiver can't be used to manually control the heat/water being on/off. Seems like such a basic requirement of any heating control unit (smart or not).

• Toasty
    Options

No, I didn't.

I agree, it seems a fundamental limitation of the system that assumes the Internet will always be available and working perfectly. I think there should be some physical buttons on the wireless receiver so that you can manually control your system if needed.

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Options

@Toasty and @collinz1 if you lose connectivity between your tado devices you can use the following to force the wireless receiver to start the boiler:

If the radio link between your tado devices is ok but you lose internet access, you can still control your heating from your thermostats. You can also use a wireless thermostat to switch on the hot water (assuming you have one). Press the round button twice will bring up the hot water control.

• collinz1
    Options

@cbd20 Thanks for the feedback, thats good to know actually. In my case however i would simply like to use the wireless receiver as a controller under normal operation. In my setup i have the Wireless Temp Sensor downstairs and the receiver upstairs, i could install another sensor but id just be installing it next to the receiver to do the job that it should already be able to do. I had initially assumed that the heat/water buttons on the reciver were for manual control but these only test the system which seems like a waste of time to be honest.