Tado and HomeKit not syncing

Hi all,

Hope you can help me. I own a Tado smart thermostat for some time, always has been functioning normal, also in combination with HomeKit.
Since a few days I also started using a Tado smart temperature sensor to measure temperature in my office.
Also this combination was functioning properly for a day or two, but now the HomeKit app constantly shows a temperature of 21 degrees Celsius and constantly indicates my thermostat is in heating mode (both of which are wrong).Tado app is showing the actual temperature and heating status.
I deleted the Tado bridge and products from my HomeKit app, reinstalled them and it worked again, for 1 day, now the same problem started again.

Do you have any idea what is going wrong here?

Thanks!

Comments

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

@Kjuu Running iOS 15?

• I'm having the same issue - on iOS 15.
  • rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

@Vanna HomeApp is very buggy on iOS 15.

iOS 15.2 (currently in beta) has resolved majority of issues, so as soon as available am GM get an update.

• I have the same issue, iOS 15 and an iPad 15, my home is controlled by my Apple TV.

My problems started after upgrading to iOS 15 It seems.

After reconnecting the bridge and accessories to HomeKit it works for about a week, than HomeKit is stuck on 18c and heating to 20c, but according to the todo app its not. Changing setting is HomeKit will change the temperature but HomeKit keeps showing 18c and heating to 20c.

• dennisb
    dennisb
    edited November 2021
    After I got quite annoyed with this, I tried setting up tado through homebridge.io, which actually worked perfectly. This lets me to conclude there is some integration work with HomeKit to be done by Tado.

I am not sure if the people of Tado monitor these threads, but would be good for the them acknowledge the problem and come with a solution.
  • I’ve the same issue. Using 15.1.1
  • And same problem here.
    I contacted Tado support, and I got a response that “ There was an issue with the iOS15 that has been fixed, “
    But clearly not. I have reset the HomeKit connection, re-added Tado to HomeKit, but still have the same problem.
  • Same here. Not only the homekit app on iOS but also on MacOS (all latest version). Not using the temperature sensor but the thermostat. Strange behaviour. Hoping for a solution cause this is confusing :)

• I am not holding my breath that Tado will come up with a solution unfortunately. I have raised this problem a number of times with Tado, and eventually were advised to speak to Apple about this as the problem “must have something to do with HomeKit”.
  • rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

@Kjuu who is your ISP?

• PeterRV same situation in my home, been a nightmare iOS 15.2 HomePod and iPad/iPhones on 15.2 and a MacBook all with the same problem. Tado working flawlessly with the App but in Homekit infrequently, 12/18 or 36 hours laters loses connectivity.

when that happen I get Tado heating off correctly but in Homekit showing heating still on and the only fix I’ve found that works is to power cycle the bridge which is frustrating.

I have erased all my devices and my Home devices and started from scratch as it was driving me nuts. I’ve even contact Tado support that like some of you have posted, it’s all working they say (which it is in Tado app) it’s a Homekit issue and Apple need to fix it.

So glad I have found this post as I have been trying everything I can think of without success good to know I am not alone.

• Same issue here. Can we get a response from Tado?
  • Hi all,

Same here. Have been using Tado and Homekit for over three years now. Both worked fine until the sync problems like the above mentioned have started. Tado app works fine and shows the correct status. Homekit doesn’t sync probably.

Please fix. HomeKit is the reason why I chose Tado.
  • I actually gave up with homekit and tado, not because the integration is bad, but I find the tado app to be quick and effective. It gives (for me) more granular control and a better overview of what is happening in my home. Homekit kind of works but I think there always have been sync issues leading to delayed real time capabilities.

• Same here :( currently freezing in my work room. Tado app shows heating to 22C, but Home app sets heating to 17C?! When I change it in the Home app, it 'resets' to 17C when I leave the app and re-open it, or even scroll to a different room and back. I'm using iOS 15.2.

@paul0000 so you removed the Tado bridge and devices from Homekit?

• @krisvdvijver No, I didn't remove from homekit, I just don't control tado from there. I'm not sure exactly how the integration / rules work, but you do raise an interesting question around "who wins" in a conflict between the tado app and apple home. The apps don't always appear to be in sync, but I'd trust the tado app over homekit.

I may try removing the devices from apple home for a couple of weeks and see if there is any difference.

One of the deciding factors in buying tado was the apple home integration, but as I mentioned above, I find the tado app great and apple home doesn't offer anything above this, for me at least.

• Same for me. This is pretty annoying since I like the integration with HomeKit because my wife and kids who are obviously part of my home are able to use HomeKit and Siri to regulate their own room’s temperature. I don’t want to create an extra Tado account for all of them and Siri can’t access the Tado settings. This bug is causing HomeKit to ignore all Siri commands to Tado radiator thermostats. That’s a major issue because Tado is promising full HomeKit integration which is basically a lie on iOS 15. All our i-devices are on iOS 15.2.

• :# same here. I’ve had this issue since iOS update to 15 and 15.2. Hopefully Tado suppprt notices this post and does something.
  • costag1982
    edited December 2021
    I have been having the exact same issues and getting absolutely nowhere with Tado support. In fact it’s borderline pathetic some of the questions that have been asked of me.

If I change the temperature in the home app, then close the home app and open it again the temperature shows the previous setting.

Then if you go to the Tado app the temperature setting is correct.

I only bought Tado for homekit support. As I have window sensors that turn off heating in my rooms and this is now completely Broken.
  • The lack of support responses and HomeKit feature basically broken at this stage, I am wondering if they can still advertise the certification with Apple..

There are a bunch of questionable brands and unstable integrations I had to deal with for HomeKit, for which I migrated to homebridge.io. I did the same for Tado after I got these issues. To be honest, I like the homebridge stability more than the native integration... however it is not for everyone as it requires hardware and some IT knowledge.

• Are you guys all running wireless networks with both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz networks by any chance? Are you aware that there is (and always has been) a problem with Homekit devices (Homepods, AppleTV etc) connecting to the same network SSID but on different frequencies? For example, if your Homepod is on 2.4Ghz but your Homekit device is on 5Ghz, connectivity will be broken. To test this, turn OFF 5Ghz in your network and reset everything. The reason why it can sometimes work for a while and then stops is because initially they may connect on the same network but then one of the devices may 'roam' to what it believes is a better connection. I had this problem in my network and even Apple were oblivious to the issue until I switched off one of the frequencies. There are solutions to this but it requires specific programming of your wifi network configuration and is completely dependant on your manufacturer.

• objective_cesar
    edited December 2021
    That’s a good point. I have wifi on both frequencies because some of my smart home gadgets need 2.4 GHz. They work perfectly although all our iDevices are on the 5 GHz network. I‘m pretty sure I was inside the 5 GHz network when I added the tado Internet Bridge AND HomePods.
    The tado Internet bridge is not using Wi-Fi to connect to the network so this shouldn’t be the issue.
  • dennisb
    dennisb
    edited January 2022
    Good points about 2.4GHz and 5GHz but we should not confuse no connection or partial with the inability for syncing.

As it is still possible (for me with ios15) to set values from Homekit in Tado, just not showing the correct values in HomeKit. This is not a connection issue but integration and syncing state I think.
  • @MattS This explains an issue that I have been experiencing. Is there another thread to get more information about this? As @dennisb said, it‘s a different issue from the homekit one.
  • I got rid of my Tado devices and switched to another product that utilizes thread technology which works without any bridge and seamlessly with HomeKit together with our HomePod. Although I really liked the smart thermostats because they looked very nice and were very quiet, bad HomeKit integration was a no-go.

• Maybe someone here can test if the issue still exist with the iOS 15.3 beta?

• MichielTado
    MichielTado ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

EDIT: moved comment to seperate forum topic.

• @MichielTado They continuously go to the “not responding state” in Homekit, is not the issue this thread is about.

This is about the wrong info shown in the HomeKit app.
  • MichielTado
    MichielTado ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

@dennisb Perhaps it is a different issue but not syncing and “not responding” seems close. You cannot sync if one of the sides does not communicate or is not or partly responding.

EDIT: moved my previous post

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

@svn_sko @dennisb RE: tado° and HomeKit not syncing - same problem on iOS 15.3 beta 2

@MichielTado RE: devices not responding - after installing iOS 15.3 beta 2 (released yesterday) tado° went straight into 'not responding' mode. I don't expect miracles...