worcester bosch greenstar 30i with EasyControl Smart Thermostat

Options

Hi All

I currently have a worcester bosch greenstar 30i with  EasyControl Smart Thermostat. before I press the buy button, I want to know if this all works? I'm looking at getting the wired todo thermostat and want to know is it as easy as wiring this into the EMS ?

Thinking of getting the wired thermostat, but do I need anything else?

Cheers

Simon

Comments

• Following this post. I have same boiler but with the wireless thermostat
  • Neilbro
    Options
    I have the same boiler and just purchased the wired stat and a load of thermostatic valves, install really easy and it does connect to the same EMS wiring on wired stat version, just setting up the config on the stat now. Will let you know how it goes but looking promising
  • I installed it and all works. I can post pictures if helps?

• W4ter_Boy
    Options

Hi all,

I am looking at purchasing the tado wired stat for my Worcester 36 CDI Compact, but have a few question first.

A) Does this offer full heating modulation / load compensation via the +/- connectors when connected to the EMS port on the boiler? I am assuming that it will, but a few contradictive discussions on here, but I think they may be relating to the new V3 wireless stat, which for some strange reason appears not to offer EMS control.

B) Are there any other functions available with the wireless stat that the wired stat does not offer, other than the obvious "wireless" function and the ability for it to control hot water.

C) Do the digital TRVs actually call for heat and send signals to the tado stat / boiler? Or do they just simply operate like a standard TRV with the ability to be controlled more precisely via the app?

Many thanks ins advance for any advice anyone can offer.

WB