Use 1 decimal degree Celsius precision on Smart Thermostat

While the app allows setting the temperature in 0.1 degree Celsius increments, the Smart Thermostat only supports 1 degree Celsius increments
10 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Hi @Minnozz,
    Are you asking a question?? 🤔
  • I would like the Smart Thermostat to also support 0.1 degree (or perhaps 0.5 degree) precision when setting the desired temperature. So this is a feature request.
  • Really!? The thermostat only supports one degree increments? That would certainly explain why my system doesn't do what I expect it to do. What good is that? And why give the option of 0.1 degree increments in the app. I can't find this in any spec., could someone in admin please clarify this and if it is the case, please action this request.

• I totally agree that the SRT 's should be settable to 0.1°......or at least 0.5°
    I know that the display on the SRT is only capable of showing full degrees, but the software within the SRT does read the temperature to 2 decimal points....this is highlighted when I ask Alexa for a room temperature reading. SRT shows 21° but Alexa says 21.35° So obviously the 'potential' is there....but Tado need to 'utilise' this functionality for the SRT's.
    This really shouldn't be too difficult to achieve....after all....Tado have implemented this with the Smart (room) Thermostat.
    I feel that an increase of a full degree can be too much of a difference in certain circumstances.
  • Please add a .1 deg (or 0.5 deg) reading and manual setting on the smart thermostat.

I have a 20.5 degC setpoint via the app. When I want to increase the temperature via the smart thermostat, I press the up-key. Then the setpoint goes to 22 deg (20.5 rounded to 21, 1x upkey is plus 1 gives 22 degC setpoint). An increase of 1.5 degC!!!

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

@HenkN well said!

There is no official statement from tado° on the future of this 'controversial feature', but here is an official response from Germán confirming that it was 'intentionally planned'

IMHO things are over complicated and confusing:

iOS app – 0.1° accuracy (display) and 0.5°C accuracy (change) + 0.1° accuracy for Smart Schedule (change) | ver. 6.30 beta

Wired thermostat – 0.1°C accuracy (display) and 1°C accuracy (change) | ver. 91.1

WebApp - 0.1°C accuracy (display) and 0.5°C accuracy (change) | ver. 1.5.14.12

Apple Home - 0.5°C accuracy (display & change) | ver. iOS 15.3 beta

Siri – 1°C accuracy (voice commands) | ver. iOS 15.3 beta

See similar posts: https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/comment/32886#Comment_32886