Support multiple schedule configurations such as spring etc..

Comments

• @Khayamanzi i assume you saw this one for term vs breaks schedules…?
  • soltisolti
    edited December 2021
    Being a shift worker I would like to be able to set a repeating 2, 3 or 4 week schedule. I start work at 06:00 for week 1, 14:00 for week 2 and 22:00 for week 3. So messing around with on off times and temps every week is not really practical.
    Need something like setting up a repeating meeting in a calendar, repeat every 3 weeks etc
    Come on Tado not everyone works Monday to Friday. Really like the kit but the scheduler is from the dark ages.
  • up this post any feedback from Tadon the roadmap for this feature ? ( maybe in the next sprint :-) )

• Absolutely. I use empty rooms when visitors come so need a different schedule for those times along with different schedules for usual rooms because of social life. Two schedules per room would be fantastic for me.

• my wife and I work on weekly shifts and we have different heating needs per week, it would be very useful to have the possibility to memorize programs to be used in different weeks
  • Great suggestion.

This would be a great feature to have and make things so much easier. Being able to easily change the whole setup based on who is in your home would be great. We often have elderly relatives who come to stay so when they are with us we generally have the temperature in most rooms a little higher and on for longer. When the are not staying, the spare room is turned off.

I'd love to have a profile called "granny" so I can update the whole house in one go without having to change every room one at a time.

• d6m
    d6m
    edited January 2022

Very much like what Andreplusplus has posted above.

On top of that the ability to have scheduled schemes in a calendar view to easily set in advance when we're on away on holiday, have guests over etc and have that calendar automatically apply the correct scheme to the house.

Should also have the ability to have room schemes and house schemes (collection of room schemes).

The ability to be more "hands-off" with the heating schedules would be a massive improvement!

• Sorry about this, but i have to let you guys know from who you are expecting things to happen. Tado support team is useless. I reported a lot of problems, mainly connectivity issues, and their last answer (last because now they are not replying at all) was stunning. I reported that two of my devices do not update to the latest firmware (it’s been over a week now) and they answered with “we think it’s best if you go with something other than tado”. So, the TADO support team advised me to go for other products than their own, seems like we are stuck with a near dead product. Here is the email i was telling you about:

Hello Paul,

thank you for contacting us. I kindly ask you to leave your feature request in the tado° Community, so it can be discussed and voted on by our community members.

That feedback then helps us determine what we should change, and which features we should develop further.

We are currently doing the best we can to innovate and develop our products and services to the highest level that we can. However, this also means that implementations take time to be fully integrated and work properly along with all consumers. So if you are looking for a solution to all of these things now, it would seem best for you to choose something other than tadoº - as I cannot guarantee you at this very moment that there are no more delays in features like open window detection, for example.

Please have a look over the following link where you can start the returning process.

In case you have any more questions, do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Wishing you a lovely weekend.

Kind regards,

Wendy
  • johnbur
    johnbur ✭✭✭
    @Jurian @Rob any comments on this?
  • andyblac
    andyblac ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

allow individuals to be assigned to rooms, so that the rooms schedule gets turned off for that room, if that person leaves the house

• Any update on this request would be great
  • Chipping in to say I'd love to see this. New to tado and it's great but the static nature had already caught me out. Our scenarios;

- school holidays or days off work, treat week days as a weekend day.

- early start. We often have an early start as a weekend. Sometimes on a week day. Would be nice to deploy a one off early start. What I'm doing at the moment is have an extra block in the schedule and it's usually set to 'low' (same as night time) but remember to edit in advance (and set back afterwards) to 'high'. It would be great if this could be set on an ad-hoc basis with less time in and out of the app.
  • Very easy to program but yet again this may take years and then Tado prides on it self that it did a good job!

• Expectations are high for this. Would love to see this added. Therefore this post.

Hope that we'll see something like it, looking at the age of the post, is low....
  • marc_fcsg
    marc_fcsg
    edited March 2022

It URGENTLY needs a function to be able to save and retrieve multiple plans per room!

For example, you can save a heating plan "summer", a heating plan "winter", etc... 

Also this function is immensely important for all vacation weeks. In the vacation weeks the attendances and absences change a lot. Currently I have to revise the whole weekly schedule (7 days) for this. After the end of these 7 days I have to change everything back again. I have 4 to 5 different temperature levels per day. That takes an eternity!

It would be so simple and quickly implemented. Below a picture of how the whole thing could look...

• Second that, a vacation schedule or similar would make it less a hassle to reprogram. Having 5 or 6 zones to be altered each time the household goes into vacation mode takes time, both before and after.
  • Hi,
    Isn’t this already covered by the Geofencing functionality?
  • Geofencing isn't covering my needs. With geofencing I just can set one temperature when I am not at home. But i would like to safe and set new schedules for the whole week.

• I don’t understand why you would wish to waste energy heating an empty nome.

• Great idea.

Working home/working from the office

Kids with mum/kids at home.

Guests in the annex/home alone.

Option for switching between schedules could/should be automated based on geolocation

• Apologies for any odd typo, I'm disabled.

Good sensible stuff in this discussion thread.

However, there doesn't seem to be much feedback from the Tado team.

I have just joined this (our) forum and, given the skyrocketing costs for both electricity as well as gas, I have posted a forum petition and poll asking that the IQ facility within the App be updated to include electricity readings.

Anyone wishing to comment on my post or, better still, vote in my poll, please do so.

My hope, by forcing the issue,
    that perhaps we might get a positive response from Tado to some of the constructive criticism raised in this forum thread and my own essential request.

I respectfully remind Tado that we are their Customers and not the other way around. Prompt implementation of suggested improvements will add value to the Tado brand and therefore also the bottom line (profit).

In order to add value to the Tado brand the only thing we, currently loyal, customer's ask in return is... action NOW not "Jam tomorrow" as we say in the UK. This meaning, for our European friend's perhaps cutting and pasting into Google translate, no more platitudes or equivocation and, for those that do understand the "Jam tomorrow" metaphor... I will add the fact that jam, alongside just about everything else in our shopping basket's, has skyrocketed in price also.

It is an indispensable need that those of us, disabled or otherwise with duel fuel, know the estimated TOTAL cost of use in order to plan and mitigate this essential expenditure. Maybe then we might still be able to afford the luxury of 'essential' food items, like jam.

In summary the soundbite message is simple commercial common sense, as I'm sure the Tado board and stakeholders (including Customers) would agree. This being; Invest a tiny bit more in your software development and watch the profit roll in.

Stay safe and warm, if you can still afford the current cost of fuel.

Rick_H
  • Are we going to see progress on this soon?

There was a forum update from Tado in September 21 and this was one of two features apparently being worked on.

And it's over half a year later...
  • @PaulDG

Unfortunately time is a respective concept......6 months to us seems to be a long time......however 6 months in tado°s world appears as "no time at all".

• Just got the system and already want this for times that the house has more than two of us in it. seasonal changes also useful so maybe two or three possible schedules
  • Heating profiles would be a good Idea for shift workers. Smart schedule for each room could be set pro Heating profile. In Tado app the user could easly choose Heating Profile eg. WeekShiftMorning, WeekShiftEvening, Holiday, Only1stFloor.

• I don't think that tado° could ever cover the hundreds of different programming scenarios that customers "can't live without".....it's just not technically realistic.

• Would need to be setup like a scene by the user in the app.

Similar to the way powerview do with the blind controlling app.

Morning scene = a

Even scene = b

Also scheduling scene times rather than individual rooms.

• Not gonna happen.... Imho
    It's just too big a time and resource commitment to have any value for tado° to commit to.