Erratic Smart Heating

joenoel
joenoel
edited October 2019 in General Questions & Topics

Hi there,

We have a smart thermostat. Over the past week or so, it seems to be erratically setting itself to manual temperatures. We have found it at 5 ℃, 8 ℃ and 25 ℃ - all of which are values we would never set it to.

One time, we saw that the display was rapidly changing values without us touching the unit.

Can anyone offer advice on what might be at fault here? At the moment our house may be very cold or wasting energy without our input!

Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi there,

I'm wondering if changing the batteries fixed this issue for you?

I'm having the same issue, random manual timers being set that I am not doing.

I logged a ticket and a technician suggested that it's Alexa that's setting the timers. I know one happened last night and Alexa was not asked to set any timer unless she is doing it herself in the background but I doubt that very much.

I saw this post after logging the ticket and I was wondering if in fact I'd the same problem but after checking the battery status in the app it's stating that both thermostat batteries are good.

I'd be interested to know how you got on.

Thanks,
    Mac
  • I have the same problem, the radiator valves turn themselves on even if I set it to Frost Protection. I wake up middle of the night with the valves turning and my room heating up.
  • I changed the batteries and I haven’t seen the problem since. It’s strange because it wasn’t reporting low battery. It also doesn’t seem like random temperatures is a normal condition for failing batteries. Either way, it seems to have fixed it for now so I’m happy.
  • That's interesting.

I raised this forum topic with the technician today and his response was that it was absolutely not related to my erratic manual timers...

I might change the batteries anyway and see if it improves.

Thanks for the replies!
  • Ditto, seems odd that so many posting close together on this problem. Had Tado been hacked? Going to try change my batteries too

• @Jpa @mcquaim
    Did the battery change help?