Window (No.) open detected

Hi.
Hope all is well.

Window open dedicated does not tell me which window is open and sometime I am notified even though all my windows are closed.

This tells me that draught is somewhat coming in but I don’t know from which window.

It would be really helpful to be able to identify which window is open, this is so that one can easily action on a particular window (open or closed), identify if any draught coming through on closed window (s).

Happy to hear your thoughts.

Many Thanks
4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Hi @Membership112

The Tado "Open Window Detection" feature actually works by the Tado device in the Tado Room registering a significant / rapid drop in temperature at the device. It doesn't necessarily mean an "Open Window" .......when I open my back door to let my dog into the back garden.....if it's cool/cold enough outside.....then my Utility Room will show as " Open Window Detected".

It doesn't mean that you have a draught from a window that is not closed properly.

• I must be missing something however I have a house with over 12 tado thermostats. When one detects a drop in temperature I can not identify which room picked up this change? Is there a log that tells me the sensor that detected ?
  • @paulG in the app the tile for the room with the open window will go grey, indicating the room has been turned off. Also there is a picture of an open window on the tile.

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

@paulG Nothing at the present time. This feature has already been requested, but no feedback yet from tado°

Go for Aqara Door and Window Sensor + Aqara Smart Hub E1 - much better and reliable Zigbee 3.0 sensor!