Always show temperature on Tado ac

2»

Comments

• jrtormo
    jrtormo
    edited November 2021

Please make it to turn on for several seconds every several minutes or so, it is useless as it is, or maybe a small white led to know it is on! currently you have to ask Alexa always and sometimes the schedule or home detection is not working fine

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

For a device witch always on display E-ink is the answer.

The ultra-wide viewing angle and an efficient crisp screen is just perfect (no backlight)

• All the promotional media I've seen for the Smart AC shows the display being on. Is it unreasonable to assume that it would be an always on display?

• I would also like the display to be on all the time.

I would be ok connecting it to a 220V power source.

My 20 year old plain honeywell device had its LCD on all the time whenever the heater was on, so it was getting energy that way (with the 2 wires coming from the heater).

It would be nice if Tado updates our firmware to allow for that.

• It's ridiculous that this thermostat is not able to show the temperature all the time. Shall I switch to Nest?

• Battery drainage.....👎🤔
  • +1 It's a shame that the LED matrix is almost never used. The device looks boring this way. If you're worried about rarely-changing numbers wearing the LED's out, consider creating a Tamagotchi-like character that hops around and reacts to the temperature/boiler state 👾

• Hi @Jop

It's nothing to do with "wearing out the LED's".......it's everything to do with battery drainage !!👎

• @GrayDav4276 I fully agree that the main argument why the Smart Thermostat LED is not always on is the fact that the device is battery powered.

This thread is about the Smart AC Control, which is USB powered.

Thanks for all further input! But I still have to refer to my comment from 2021.

• Hi @Jurian

I assume you are referring to my previous
    "Shadow Ban"
    I apologise for commenting on areas of the tado° system that I appear to misunderstand......I will try not to provide any further inaccurate commentary.

Feel free to DM me, if you feel it necessary.
  • zoic21
    zoic21
    edited July 2022
    +1 on smart ac there is no battery issue so there is no reason to not have an option for always on.

For official reason :
    1) sensor is not use to manage climatisation since you just send order and device manage itself thermostat. Tado is just a connected remote
    2) to prevent life led issue (I have some doubt on that) you can shutdown display where we are in away mode or let user choose hour for on/off display
  • Just registered to ask for this, I had Nest Thermostat and had really nice screen with info and presence detection. Bought Tado as my new house AC doesn't admit Nest. I Just installed Tado it's really boring, it doesn't show anything. You have to pay for common thermostat functionalities, and in addition the screen is really boring.

This is like having a white brick on the wall.. please make it do something, showing temperature allways on might worth keeping it and I won't be asking for a refund. The marketing photos when buying it are confusing, I thought it had this "allways on" functionality but it's a totally dead peace of plastic.

I have version 3 and it doesn't have a battery, plus leds aren't going to heat up, that's why those are leds lol.
  • rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

@J0hn It's unlikely that the current devices will have always on screen.

• I have to say I was very disappointed to find that the target and/or current temperature was not displayed on the thermostats or smart TVR. We should have the option to have it on during the day. Perhaps in a dim state as a compromise? I had a Honeywell Evohome in my previous house and it did just that. Only reason I had to go with a different smart heating system is because Evohome is limited to 12 zones. Can you please add this feature?

• Hey @DJ123
    Have you now got the answer about this for your other posts.......I hope so
  • Thank you but will have to disagree for the following reasons: -

• option could be inactive by default
    • LED uses very little energy especially in dim mode
    • Tado recommended Panasonic chargeable batteries can be used instead of standard ones
    • also very useful to troubleshoot issues
    • up to the customer to chose if he wants it activated or not

• hello,

no always on for tado clim v3+ ???

• It’s very poor to have a device which you cannot look at and immediately see the room temperature. To have to change the value or look on your phone’s Tado app to see if it is up to temperature is missing a very very important function.

• Just a suggestion, why not show the display room temperature when it differs from the set temperature and display off when they are the same ?

• The reason why I’ve had a new controller is because after 6 and a half years my Honeywell LCD display has gone faulty ?

i was told good things about the Tado thermostat, however, this is a show stopper for me.

Also if you displayed room temp while the difference between set temp and actual, it would not have a display heat problem as most of the time , the display would be off. So the reason as a admin person said becomes irrelevant.

• Debería aparecer la temperatura cuando la caldera este activa
  • gregsmith
    gregsmith
    edited November 2023

I agree, I'm also slightly disappointed by this. I go to my friends houses that have nest (I think!) and can see instantly what they're set to.

I'm talking about the thermostat btw, not the AC. I really wouldn't mind having to replace the batteries a bit more regularly.

• Having just setup the device this feature would be really good.

What's the issue with offering this as part of a firmware update tado and allowing customers to turn off the always on feature?
  • This should be left as an option to the owner of the device.

Maybe add schedule option (allowing user to set hours of display on) but definitely needs to have some kind of always on display as this is basic feature in all those smart thermostat (what's the point of having some blank piece of plastic on the wall)

This feels like a bit of a cheat as the product always shows up on photos with display on and no mention of the fact this is not actually they way it works (people assume that all smart thermostats work similarly).