Connecting extension kit to Glow Worm Energy 35C boiler - can't get it to work?

Options

I'm struggling getting my extension kit to connect into my new Glow Worm Energy 35C boiler. The instructions show connecting the wires to the - and + connections of the extension kit, and the other end into the EBUS - and + in the boiler. While this powers the extension kit, it doesn't switch the heating on and off. Is this the correct way to wire it up? I have no heating at the moment 😫

Tado support hasn't come back to me yet.

Best Answer

• GrilledCheese2
    GrilledCheese2 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

When you connected the ebus wires in the boiler the adjacent pins on the plug were probably labelled 24V & RT. You need to connect a short piece of wire between these two terminals. You’ll probably see something similar for two more terminals labelled burner off.

Answers

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

If your previous thermostat was using relay control, not EBUS, then you’ll need to disable the relay mode in the boiler before the EBUS will work. Usually done with a bridge wire between two terminals. If your previous thermostat was using EBUS then I suggest the extension kit has not been configured correctly.

• Jas
    Options

Thanks for the reply. The previous boiler was not using EBUS. I have no idea where to disable relay mode and the boiler instructions do not mention it. Any ideas?

• Jas
    Jas
    edited February 2022
    Options

Yes I saw those connections. My plumber is back tomorrow, I'll get him to wire it this way and report back on here. Thanks again.

• Jas
    Options

ah, also, should the orange relay be in position 1 or position 2 ?

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

If you’re referring to the orange connector in the extension kit I don’t think it has any effect when using the digital interface - only affects the 230V terminals.

• Jas
    Jas
    edited February 2022
    Options

OK I connected up as we've spoken about and it seems to be working fine!

So for summary:

Only use - and + connections in the extension kit, and connect the other end into the EBUS - and + in the boiler

Make sure to leave to loop wire in between RT and 24V.

I am still waiting for Tado support to confirm I've done the right thing, but as I say, it's working as expected. 🤩

• GrayDav4276
    Options

Hi @Jas ,

You can definitely trust the answers provided by @GrilledCheese2 .......he is very, very knowledgeable regarding tado° devices and setups.

• Jas
    Options

You are absolutely right, he did fix my issue and for that I am very thankful, especially as I had no heating! Thanks @GrilledCheese2 🙏