Window open notification

Window open notification could tweak little bit to show which window is open on quick notification. So user doesn’t have to open app always.

or an announcement system [ smart speaker] if a window open

13 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

@Viki Get a proper hardware and build your own automation. At least it will work well and with 100% accurate readings.

• Is it possible to set which sensor has triggered this notification? I just get a generic message saying Tado has detected a window open and I have no idea where it has occurred
  • The tado° feature is not actually an "Open Window" detection system.......please search the Forum to fully understand the way that the tado° devices are generating this "incorrectly named" feature.
    As @rafm5 states.....if you want a true "Open Window Detection" feature, then you will have to invest in some actual quality window sensors.
  • I don't understand this? I have auto assist and therefore I assume don't receive a notification. However this would be really useful for the occasional false "off" and more importantly it would be amazing to get a notification for the heating switching back on? Does that happen without auto assist?
  • Toby
    Toby ✭✭

I agree with @mean1979, I've had it before where I'm wondering why the room I'm in is still cold and its because its detected an open window. More often than not its not actually an open window, its just the room is cold - precisely why I've turned up the heating.

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

@mean1979

Your system will automatically return to its schedule setting at the end of the time period set in your "Open Window Detected" feature.......you can set the period for each Room to whatever timescale you want (mine are set to 15 mins). This timescale works with or without an "Auto Assist Subscription".......so your subscription simply removes the need for a "user intervention" and automatically switches the appropriate room "OFF" then returns the room to its schedule after the timescale that you have set.

I, personally only use "Auto Assist" for the winter months, and cancel my subscription at the beginning of April.......In my personal opinion, I can't see a need for the "Open Window Detected" feature, if, like me, your CH is OFF during the Summer.

• @GrayDav4276 can you elaborate please or steer me to a link?

"The tado° feature is not actually an "Open Window" detection system.......please search the Forum to fully understand the way that the tado° devices are generating this "incorrectly named" feature."

I cannot find any support on the Forum on this 'feature' except for the thread we are currently on (https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/11105/window-open-notification).

For my type of old draughty house, the alerts are so constant and distracting without identifying which room the problem might emanate from, my family has insisted I switch off all Open Window alert/benefits as we all have the App on our phones :-(

• Hi @Gmanropley

If you simply type into the search window the word " window " this will provide a large selection of posts which you can then read in depth........the content is varied but covers the generalised views of other Community Forum members regarding this tado° feature.

I agree with your family.....if the notifications are a distraction......then disable the "Open Window" notifications.