Boost- temperature setting

TonyS
TonyS

I like the new ‘Boost’ setting, but may I suggest an improvement.

... that would be to allow the user to set the boost ‘offset’ temperature.

simply jumping the temperature to 25 seems a little extreme, especially if you forget you’d done it (though I accept at 25deg you probably wouldn’t forget for very long!)

So, being able to set an offset of (say) 2 deg, would mean that a current setting of 19deg, would be boosted to 21 deg for 30 mins. (I like the preset time length)

I welcome any thoughts?

Comments

• Since the 6.5v yesterday 26/3 my heating is not coming on at all even though the app says it is working - problem with the app
  • Since the 6.5v yesterday 26/3 my heating is not coming on at all even though the app says it is working - problem with the app
  • Was hoping to find a post like this. Being able to set the boost temperature would be great. Please can that be an option on a future upgrade?

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    I agree with all the posts here, it would be very useful if the "Boost" feature was user configurable for
    1. Rooms
    2. Temperature
    3. Time period
    However.....
    It is possible to achieve exactly this by using Alexa Routines.....I keep mentioning it in various threads.....I'm not sure if this is possible with other forms of automation......but it's really easy with Alexa.
    I have no "connection" to Amazon/Alexa other than the fact that I own and use it.
  • Agree with this wholeheartedly so thought I'd give this post a little boost.
    As someone else said a boost to 25°C is extreme. That's how my wife used to boost the heating, turn stat up to max and forget about it.
  • Boost function makes no sense to me at all. You want in room A temp set at say 21 degrees. Let the system figure out what the fastest way is to get at that temp and keep it at that according to the scheme. Why do you want to ‘boost’ the whole house to 25 deg - giving a major overshoot and also heated rooms which could have stayed cold. Just a waste of energy.

• @Andreplusplus that's the point of this discussion there is a need for boost but not to 25. You should be able to pick what your boost should be eg my family wake early boost and it puts house up to a comfy 21 or predefined max for each room
  • Andreplusplus
    Andreplusplus ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

@mojomoomoo Then set the temp for the room to 21 !? It’s not that your heating system all of a sudden has more power to heat the room faster.

• You're missing the point, boost is a common feature on heating and water controllers it's a way to set and forget but should be temporary eg 1hr. I don't want to have to go through and set bedrooms, dining room, Kitchen manually, then switch them all back when I have paid for a smart system which has a boost function which doesn't do what it needs. There is no suggestion anything heats up quicker.
    I don't understand why if you don't even see the point in boost that you are commenting on a post suggesting an improvement to.the function. There was clearly a desire for boost hence why it was added as a feature.
  • Hi All,

I have mentioned this before.......and I'll mention it again.........

I have set up Alexa Routines which allow me to "Boost" all rooms/some rooms or individual rooms. The timescale for the "Boost" is set via the Room/Device "manual change" feature within my tado° App (currently set for 30 mins)

This was very easy to set up, and allows me to have the ideal "Boost" feature for my home.

• andyblac
    andyblac ✭✭✭

@GrayDav4276 Same here, I have HomeKit scenes set, with the Manual timer set to 15 mins, I can boost individual rooms or all of them for 15mins to a predefined temperature.

• It's not "Rocket Science" is it...... 😎
  • Still, I don't get it. Here in NL we consider the boost button defunct (at least that seems to be the common opinion on the forum), merely a test function that is placed too prominently in the UI, causing the heating too max out by accident.
    If you want room A to be at 21 degrees, why do you ask the system to bring it to 25 and then perhaps interrupt the process when A is at 21 (and see the system overshoot). Just set it to 21, let the system figure it out.
    Or do you see a steeper temperature rise in your 30 or 15 minutes boost interval (and not reaching the target temp yet)?
  • andyblac
    andyblac ✭✭✭

For me I have my room temps around 18.5-19.5˚c, but sometimes on you just want a bit more heat, so I can boost to 21˚c for 15mins (that's how long it take to reach that temp from 19.5˚c, then goes back to original target), and as the rads stay hot for up to an hour, the rooms stays warm for about 1.5-2 hours.

• I would put on a sweater....🤔🥶
  • Put me on the list too please for this (very basic and minimal viable) feature:

"As a non-technical user within a tado-enabled house I need a single button that boosts all (or a configurable set of rooms) to a configurable temperature so that I can get warm easily and quickly without having to understand the configuration of the house profile, the intricacies of the tado App or have to select one particular room to reside in in order to get warm"

There you go, I've even written the user-story for your Agile software team :-)

Please tado - let's use the technology to deliver outcomes not processes

• I’ve only had TADO 6 months now but I find the boost button the most important and often used on the app..I’ve been looking for a way to boost for a time set for what I want with a temperature in which I want .I see you can change the time on the slider but always resets itself to 30 minutes.Responding to Andreplusplus in particularly the reason I got TADO in the first place is for holidays.When we are at home we turn on and off as required.While on holiday we found we had lost internet contact to the bridge this did not reconnect so the temperature reset to the last settings which was frost protection.As it was -2 in the uk we sent our son round to reset it.So we set it to 15 degrees on holiday And give it a boost if it gets cold .We haven’t lost internet since but if we did it would reset to 15 degrees.This would not an emergency.On the way home from the airport give it a boost warm house when you get home .For the record our combi boiler would not heat our house from 18 to 25 degrees in 30 minutes or even 4 hours .Perhaps our boiler is not as powerful as some people’s.We have all got different ways to use TADO this boost suits me and would also like it updated unless I don’t know how to use the app properly let me know if I’m not ,and has anyone else been on holiday when you lose connection and you don’t know what it’s set at.

• @AngiesIans

I will copy my earlier post.......

" I have mentioned this before.......and I'll mention it again.........

I have set up Alexa Routines which allow me to "Boost" all rooms/some rooms or individual rooms. The timescale for the "Boost" is set via the Room/Device "manual change" feature within my tado° App (currently set for 30 mins)

This was very easy to set up, and allows me to have the ideal "Boost" feature for my home. "

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

@Andreplusplus The 25°C temp indicator for the boost option is often misinterpreted, it's just the maximum temperature, not really the final temp at the end of the programme (unless you force it to)

At least in relay mode, your house won't heat up any faster if you set it to 25°C instead of 22°C.