Tado and HomeKit not syncing

Options

Comments

• dennisb
    Options

@MichielTado there are many other platforms supported as well for the homebridge server/ bridge, I choose the Raspberry because I already had one and is low powered. The devices must always stay on.

• MichielTado
    Options

@dennisb thank you for the explanation, I understand how it works now.

You say:”Homebridge registers to the Apple HomeKit like any accessory would, via the HomeKit code.” This is the HomeKit code of the Homebridge I assume (not Tado)? And with that homekit code all devices connected to Homebridge are available in the homekit Home app? Even if they are different homekit categories like i.e. ACs, robot vacuumcleaners or smokedetectors?

Also no issues like in this thread with syncing of temperature?

• lode_r
    Options

I experienced this problem also, ios 15.3. Of course I don't know where the problem is, Tado or Homekit. But for the time being, Tado is not Homekit compatible and therefore not very useful. I wish that Tado would implement more smart features.

• @dennisb I‘m totally with you on the design basis. I loved the slick, simple design of the thermostats. That was, apart from the advertised HomeKit integration, the reason to buy them. But they are practically unusable for me and my family as long as they can’t be accessed via Siri in a proper way, which they can’t right now. So they had to go for a more usable replacement even if that replacement isn’t as good looking. Usability over design.

• Espiox
    Options
    Well, after working again for a couple of days, mine’s broken again. 😡
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Hello there,

We are (well, have been) aware of this issue and there is an ongoing investigation into this for some time now. Some of you have contacted us directly already, however there are a lot more users participating here then have directly contacted us.

I would like everyone here (even the ones who have already contacted us) who are experiencing this issue to send me a DM with your tado° Internet Bridge serial number (please do not post it here directly). The more devices we can track the more data we have to work with.

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards,

Joey

• PeterRV
    Options

Problem still exists, but there might be a pattern when this happens in my case.

It could be coincidence, but over the last 2 weeks I noticed that each time Tado moved back from "Away" to "Home" mode, the sync was lost (and Homekit kept reporting the temperature setting as if in "Away" mode),

When subsequently the thermostat temperature setting changed automatically (ie as programmed) , Homekit would re-sync for the specific thermostat where the temperature had changed. Other thermostats (where the temperature did not automatically change) would still show the wrong setting in Homekit.

Note: this only applies to the temperature setting, the humidity % is a mystery to me

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hello again,

Thank you to those have already replied. I would like to add another request when sending me a direct message with your Internet Bridge serial number. Please also provide what type of Apple device you are using for Homekit, with this I do not mean your iPhone,

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards,

Joey

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hello again (again),

Would anyone be willing to perform a test?

For anyone using a combination of AppleTV and other Apple devices in their Homekit Ecosystem. Would you be willing to temporarily remove the TV from Homekit. Once removed perform a full factory reset on the tado° Internet Bridge (https://support.tado.com/en/articles/3387334). Readd tado° to Homekit, and then (without readding the AppleTV) observe over a few days if the issue resurfaces?

If you are willing, please send me a DM with your IB and a time frame when you are going to start.

We would really appreciate the help

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards,

Joey

• I’ll try this Joey and thanks for your replies already.

However, as of this evening - before removing TV - I’ve found HomeKit IS finally syncing correctly with the tado app. I’ll hold off removing the TV for the moment and keep an eye to see if it continues working. Anyone else seeing this change??
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Hey guys,

I am still waiting on feedback from our Devs today, but as of yesterday we haven't made any significant changes. Can anyone else confirm the same?

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards,

Joey

• PeterRV
    Options
    I had the problem last night: one of my radiator thermostats did not show the right temperature setting in HomeKit
    After a manual temperature change through the TAdo app, the sync was re-established
  • Xxtreem
    Options

At the moment it seems like everything works fine for me. But there have always been time spans in the past when everything worked. So I'm cautious about saying that the problem has been solved :-D

• Mine still syncing correctly.

• Could it be a result of ios 15.3.1 update?

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I doubt it, 15.3.1 only had one security update for Webkit. Which as far as I know does not affect Homekit in any way
  • oaklandm
    Options
    Mine isn’t syncing correctly still, wrong temperature showing in home app
  • nought63
    Options

Same problem here. 5 Tado thermostats and one isn’t syncing. In the tado app that one is off and the home app says it’s is heating to 22° (and it isn’t).

When I lower the temperature in the home app to 5°, close the home app and open it again it’s back to heating to 22°. And that’s the same for everybody in this household.

if I change the temperature in the Tado app for this thermostat, the temperature in the home app doesn’t change. It stays on 22°

• DrLaw
    Options
    I am having the same issues. Different temperatures showing in taxi and HomeKit app . Home kit keeps showing one room as Off but tado app has it set to 20C
    The temperature readings on several thermostats differ across apps too. One room reads as 20.3C on Tado but home kit says it is 22.

I have Apple TV on my smart home set up.
    Running 15.2.1
  • Kermit
    Options
    Still having this problem - it’s not been working properly for ages now. Has anyone had any feedback on when it might be resolved? My whole setup relies on HomeKit to work properly with my other devices.
  • mobileste
    Options
    I’m having the same problem on iOS 15.3. It seems to be fine for a few days and then it stops working. My home is freezing after coming home again. Really frustrating this is happening quite a lot now. Not very smart
  • FatihAyoglu
    Options
    It is disappointing and sad to see, good products are crippled with terrible software. Shame. Problems with geofencing, synchronisation issues between Home app, it looks like tado is not there to be a mainstream option. I signed for their annual subscription with excitement but if it doesn’t do the basic promised automation, no point to pay them
  • Xavier0912
    Options

Upgraded to iOS 15.4, MacOS 12.3 and things seem to have gotten worse now.

I have the Thermostat and 5 radiator valves. 1 valve shows as if it's heating in the home app, while it's not heating nor showing that way in the Tado app, all other devices are lit up in the home app while they are actually off.

Changing anything in Home app does reflects in the Tado app as a change in the schedule but nothing else happens (so the temperature is not correct in the Tado app).

This is getting a bit annoying actually... Anyone any other experience with the new iOS/MacOS versions?

• Well, HomeKit did definitely not change for the better. Before the update I could tell Siri to switch off the lights and it would only switch those in the room the HomePod is located at (which is intended), since the HonePod should be aware of the room it’s in.
    Now it switches off all lights in our flat if I don’t explicitly call for the room. 🖕🏻
  • kubens1pl
    Options
    Same issue here. I have iOS 15.4 and iOS Home app is not reflecting the actual state of Tado thermostats. It still says that valve is heating, while it’s switched off. The target heating temperature looks like some random value.

The issue is definitely on the Tado side. I have tested adding Tado thermostats via Home Assistant’s HomeKit integration, and it works seamlessly.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Hello,

Unfortunately we still have not been able to establish a cause and resolution for this issue. And at this point in our development we won't be able to invest more time until the last quarter of this year,

Kind regards,

Joey

• svn_sko
    Options
    Oh wow. This feels very disappointing. I guess it‘s time then to sell the tado stuff and move on to a solution that actually works with homekit.
  • FatihAyoglu
    Options
    @Joey so you are saying that your kit is not compatible with HomeKit therefore you are doing a false advertisement?
  • awmackenzie
    Options
    I am having the same problem. Tado is no longer working with HomeKit, which is very frustrating as that’s the reason I bought HomeKit over Nest.

What makes it even more frustrating is that from the looks of the comment from @Joey in this thread, Tado seems to be saying customers just need to accept HomeKit integration no longer works? What appalling customer service. If that is the case Tado should remove HomeKit integration from their advertising otherwise I imagine they will have complaints to the Advertising Standards Authority from people like me who have been sold a duff product.
  • Espiox
    Options
    Yeah, I can’t see myself investing in any more Tado hardware at this point. Extremely disappointing.