Wi-Fi Concern

Options

Hello,

If the wi-fi goes down in the property, does that mean you are not able to turn on the central heating in the property?

If this is the case, I think this needs discussing by your community members, and needs this feature adding to your system.

We have friends in rural areas where the wi-fi can be very intermittent, a real concern for the elderly?

My mum has a smart heating box that connects to the boiler, and a wireless smart thermostat, fitted 2 years ago, and if the wi-fi goes off, she can manually turn on the boiler, at the boiler itself to turn on the central heating.

Kind Regards

Mike

3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

Tado doesn’t use WiFi for anything. If you mean when the internet goes down, then the user won’t be able to use the app to control the central heating. Manual control of individual devices is still possible, allowing the user to turn on heating and hot water.

• MichielTado
    Options

Tado Smart AC does use wifi. But Tado heating doesn’t indeed.

• Manuel
    Manuel | Admin
    Options

This is an often discussed topic in the community. See https://tado.vanillacommunities.com/en-gb/discussion/464/develop-a-basic-backup-schedule-mode-for-when-tado-outage-or-loss-of-internet/p1

For elderly people my suggestion is to just use the screen of the tado° thermostat/temperature sensor. See the article https://support.tado.com/en/articles/3405564 It works just fine and by default the temperature and hot water settings just switch back to the schedule once the connection is back. For more advanced users it might be worth considering using Apple HomeKit and the Apple Home app.

• JamesU
    Options

I am afraid that manually changing heating, hot water and TRV temp settings for some elderly or disabled people when the internet goes down is not very inclusive, Tado!

Please be inclusive, by allowing a default / backup schedule (that means it changes over a 24 hr time period before repeating) to be adopted on internet failure for all Tado devices - ie Heating, Hot Water and TRVs.

Please reconsider.