• Andreplusplus
    Options
    What's the purpose of this poll?
    Answers will vary, UFH versus radiators versus heat punp
  • Graham_l
    Graham_l
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Just general idea on what others set their stats to of a night. I did read why let the house go cold then in the morning have to use a lot of energy getting the house back to the daytime temperature. I am using plain old gas boiler and cylinder no fancy floor heating or heat pump house was built in the 1950 heat pump waste of money for us.
  • GrilledCheese2
    Options

@Graham_l the most economical way to use radiators is to switch them off when you don't need heat. With appropriate bedding it should not be necessary for a healthy person to heat the bedrooms at night. Different rule for ASHPs due them being most economical when heating at low output. Let the home temperature drop by more than a few degrees and the system will use an excessive amount of electricity to raise the temperature.

• Albert_64
    Albert_64 ✭✭✭
    Options
    2 degrees less than Daytime

at more than 2 degrees, more energy is needed to heat up the rooms again than was saved overnight. 

In addition, our bedrooms are always set to 16 degrees.

• Rob2
    Rob2 ✭✭✭
    Options

"at more than 2 degrees, more energy is needed to heat up the rooms again than was saved overnight."

Thermodynamically, that cannot be true. But in people's reasoning, apparently it can (as I often see this claim).