Data export

Please allow download of chart data for each room.
This would be most useful as a CSV file.
Data available should include date/time, actual room temp, demand temp (what the heating has been set to), humidity, open window detection, etc.

I would like to be able to analyse my own data, and be able to make easier comparisons between rooms, ie how the humidity upstairs changes when heating is on downstairs, or how long a window needs to be opened to control humidity better.

Thanks!!
84 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Is there any update since this question was posted? How difficult is it to export data? Switchbot provides the options to export realtime temperature and humidity data to csv or txt file from your app

• Yup, I want this too. Preferably as download and through API access. That way, you can make rulesets based on behavior and events!
  • There is information out there on how to access the API that the mobile app uses to get the chart data. For example:

https://shkspr.mobi/blog/2019/02/tado-api-guide-updated-for-2019/

I used it today so that I could plot the data from multiple rooms on a single chart. I pulled the data into a Google Sheet and then used Data Studio to graph it.

• It would be great to download our own data in .csv format or something similar. It would be nice to be able to analyse whether a certain change makes a difference in heat, eg add extra insulation on the roof of the bathroom, or more ordinary, keep the curtains closed at night, a wood stove, ... Or even simpler, how much energy* we can save by setting the temperature a degree lower.

Possibly not a top priority feature, yet might be a great, and as far as I know, unique (?) feature.

A possible process of such an analysis would be that you click "watch bathroom changes", you make the change like add extra roof insulation and after a period of time, for example, one week it should be able compare the decrease in heat requests from the bathroom, and see a slower cooling down. To get a more accurate result these numbers should be calibrated by comparing its own history with the current and historical heat requests of your other rooms (a multivariate analysis). A report would for example include a savings percentage, similar to the monthly savings report we already get.

Although I see great potential in such a feature, I understand it would not be something everyone is interested in. Yet it should be a very interesting addition to the current monthly savings report. And if Tado considers it isn't really part of their core business, by releasing our own data maybe someone else could make a tool to make the analysis.

*This might even be improved by calibration by adding gas meter data?

• I really need this as well.

As a an Engineer I am really throwing away a lot of value by not being able to work on the data.
    For instance, it’s nice that your app shows one of my radiators is on 34% of the time and another is on 10%…
    But it would be nice for me to be able to add variables like estimated flow. The radiator that is only on 10% of the time has 5x the flow as the one on 30%

In my humble opinion a really interesting thing to get as actionable insight, if your goal is energy saving, is the energy use of each radiator(/room).

So please, allow me easy and complete access to my own dataset.
  • I agree with all the above. Would be very useful, and would likely rise the value of installing Tado in the eyes of future customers!

• I absolutely agree that this would add value to the TADO portfolio. The plots give a nice view on what's happening, but are not really helpful for further analysis.
    A .csv export would be a good solution.
  • I agree, as a long term user with multiple devices I too would love to have easy access to data exports.

• Same here, data export would be highly beneficial, by preference an automatic based on schedule so I can create my own dashboard in BI.

• Ditto !! for exactly the reason Shiv has done - I'll try his method.

• It already exists. It is not documented by tado, so use at own risk - changes can occur at random timestamp, although it is rather stable.
    Just Google for it, a good starting point is https://shkspr.mobi/blog/2019/02/tado-api-guide-updated-for-2019/ as mentioned above already.
  • I think I posted this elsewhere on this forum before, but worth sharing here.

I posted a version of my google sheet that pulls down data from the API on Reddit a while back.

You can find it here:

Caveat: you probably shouldn't try this if you don't feel comfortable auditing the code for yourself.

• I'd like to be able to access my data that is displayed in the room graphs. A .csv would be perfect as I'm not really technical enoughto use the API.

Thanks

• Tado only stores 13 months data. This is not enough AT ALL to be able to track progress year on year of the impact of things like home improvements, radiator swaps, different heating schedules etc..

I'm sure it used to keep more than 13 months, as I remember comparing across different winters during autumn 2022 to plan ahead, but when wanting to compare this winter's room usage vs last years I found historical data had all disappeared. It may have been an error that it was keeping older data before but its very frustrating that it's gone now.

I went to use the chat bot which very clearly told me it was now 13 months, cited the article on the website etc. (so... actually worth saying good job on the chat bot it's much better these days), then had the audacity to suggest that I periodically download/export my information if I wanted to access historical information... which of course Tado don't let us do! With our own data! I pressed it on this and it sheepishly admitted that this option is only available to EV charging, if that's not what you wanted to know about can you tell me more...?

So a very impressive chat bot from a technical standpoint. Doesn't help with the lack of access to my own data though and the arbitrary deletion of it for the sake of Tado's servers not customer benefit. Geez, how hard is it to include a 'download monthly data' button on the room graph pages or somewhere in Energy IQ for each month?

This is the exact sort of gap that means I can't in good conscience endorse Tado for others. You can get your energy savings AND access to your own data with other companies.