Allow naming of smart radiator thermostat

Options
It would be really good if I could assign names to all of my smart thermostats.
It would make it so much easier to identify which one needs its batteries changed.
16 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that I have read this somewhere before.....I think I'll have a search through the forum sections.....
  • eezytiger
    Options

Unless you have lots of SRTs per room I'm not sure that I understand the problem. My rooms are named and it is easy to spot which devices need new batteries.

• Catfunt
    Catfunt
    edited September 2022
    Options

I agree with the original idea. The serial numbers have worn off the stickers on mine and so I have to go into the app and get the thermostat to flash 'Hi' to identify the one which needs its batteries changing. I have a number of rooms with two radiator thermostats as can bee seen in the attachment. Just let me name them 'Rad near door' or 'Rad near window' or whatever I want so I can easily identify them.

• Jeanvc
    Options

I also need this feature, it's painful to find the TRV needing new batteries in a large area with 4 radiators - some hidden behind a cover. I need to walk around the room and test with the 'hi'. Adding a name/label field to the app seems easy enough and would remove a lot of frustration!

I'm a volunteer to alpha/betatest the feature.

• I can second this!

This is a poor design as I NEVER know which devices TADO refers to, when it gives me a serial number as a descriptor! 🤦🏼‍♂️

The message for replacing thermostat batteries should be along the lines of “Your X room radiator Z needs new batteries”, rather than a useless message like “your radiator xncxrjbvshj needs new batteries”.

Nobody cares about the radiator serial number, and has no purpose! (It could be provided for anyone interested in a details section, but otherwise please let your customers use some LOGICAL, HUMAN descriptors!)

Thank you
  • Druskq
    Options
    The serial numbers are challenging to locate, leading me to manually search each one. This process isn't user-friendly. Allowing us to rename them would greatly improve user experience.
  • GaryW32
    Options
    I think this would be very helpful too. I have 3 rads with TRVs in the same room with a separate wall thermostat all assigned to the same room.
    When a TRV needs a battery replacing it would be great to be able to identify which one it is without having to use the flashing “hi” function one on each one.
  • Although not a great solution, I just added every radiator to its own room e.g. Living Room Left, Living Room Right, Dining Area, which are all in the same room.

Works well for my few radiators.