Multi-Home Tado

Would be so great to have multi home support in the app. Such a pain having to log in and out all the time. If this is complex - and I realise that not everyone needs it - how about releasing "copies" of the App so we can download 2 or 3 of them and have them logged in individually.

This may apply well to everyone. I want to put Tado in my elderly mother's house - then she can control the heating easily, and if she wants help, or me to adjust it, I can do it easily. It's not just for multiple home-owners.

12 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• I see that this problem is facing more Tado users in community, TADO should do an update in app and make it possible to have 2 diferent houses and make custumer better experiace, I dont have 2 emails or 2 mobile phones, but I could buy three aparments and what to do then? to have 3 mobile phones? that is not logical, please note this problem and make an update to the system:)

• It’s insane seeing those requests popping up since years… can’t believe 5 years later it still isn’t a feature… already filled up the shopping chart… won’t be buying a second set now… so sad…
  • Just adding to the conversation - I hope this can be fixed soon!

• Don't hold your breath for this one to be instigated any time soon.......

• To the best of my (very limited) knowledge.......it's basically the unwillingness/inability of tado° to devote the time and resources to achieve this feature. Plus tado° have stated (somewhere) that they are concentrating on developing their next generation of devices.

• maaalin
    maaalin
    edited February 2023

As I just created an apple watch app for using tado, I can say that all the required data is there...in theory.

Guess it is currently not possible to add another home to an account? I don't own multiple homes :D

I could imagine to tackle an alternative iOS app that supports multiple homes and other features requested.

But to be honest I do not wish to annoy/interfere here with tado in any way.

Something like a watch app did not exist at all, so I did not see any problems here, but this would be a little bit different with an alternative "main" app.

Especially because they could lock every third party app out if they wanted to

• How can Tado be this bad at making smart home products? Tado customers have asked for this feature for years now with no results. Rival companies around the world seem capable of implementing this feature in a very professional manner.