Display thermostats and smart TVR always on

I have to say I was very disappointed to find that the target and/or current temperature was not displayed on the thermostats or smart TVR. We should have the option to have it on during the day. Perhaps in a dim state as a compromise? I had a Honeywell Evohome in my previous house and it did just that. Only reason I had to go with a different smart heating system is because Evohome is limited to 12 zones. Can you please add this feature?

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Battery life is the problem with the tado° devices that use batteries as their power source......basically all devices except the Smart AC
  • Thank you but will have to disagree for the following reasons: -

• option could be inactive by default
    • LED uses very little energy especially in dim mode
    • Tado recommended Panasonic chargeable batteries can be used instead of standard ones
    • also very useful to troubleshoot issues
    • up to the customer to chose if he wants it activated or not
  • @DJ123

Maybe tado° will incorporate your ideas in the next generation of tado° devices.......but I suspect that to do it retrospectively to the current devices will not be entertained by tado° due to the "apparent" technical limitations of the current hardware and software.

• This would be very disappointing. Can you please expand on what the blockers are?

• @DJ123
    There are many posts which detail tado°s position regarding this requested feature.
    Please search the forum content.