More devices to have a smart home, such as smart sockets

It would be nice to have a single app to control everything, coming from a single brand.

instead of buying smart sockets from another brand, or buying another bridge device (e.g.: Philips Hue, or Bosch), it would be nice if Tado also provided these devices.

I'd happily buy a smart socket or lamp switches from Tado for example. Since I already own the bridge and have devices from it.

3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• I have a whole bunch of different smart home devices and control the whole lot using Alexa routines with an Amazon Echo. You can use the Alexa app too. You never want to be locked into one ecosystem of devices.

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

Use Apple Home, Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa

• i agree with @rafm5 use others, can you imagine if Tado˚ servers go down and all your automations for these additional devices stop working..... NO THANKS....

• Hopefully Thread and Matter will address the issue of buying products from different ecosystems and ending up with multiple hubs and apps which are heavily dependent on the cloud. Just have to wait and see if the end result is as good as what has been promoted.

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

Matter in its specs says that the device doesn't need any cloud or mobile phone app, interact directly through the local network. Not sure how this is going to work with the existing V3+ devices.

Other devices that operate via hubs will still need their hubs to operate. Matter won't resolve this problem as it's only an application layer. Thread devices are different as one border router should replace the need of multiple hubs.