Can I use the wireless thermostat out of a V3+ starter kit on an existing installed tado V3+ kit

Options
:) Can I use the wireless thermostat out of a V3+ starter kit on an existing installed tado V3+ kit

Best Answer

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you just need a wireless temperature sensor you should be able to get them cheaper than that. Thermostats are more expensive because they’re able to be wired in.

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Yes, assuming you’ve got something connected to the boiler already.
  • Yes already have the controller installed on my boiler from originally purchased V3+ kit with wireless stat in the downstairs lounge but need another wireless stat for the upstairs zone which is over £100 for just the stat but Screwfix are selling the kit for £99.99 just wasn't sure whether I could take the stat from that kit and add it to my original install and have some spare parts as a bonus .
  • Thanks Johnny. I don't have any rad stats yet , will a temp sensor link to my control unit to operate the upstairs heating valve ?
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    If it’s a two zone system you will need a wired thermostat connected to the zone valve, set to be the zone controller for the upstairs rooms.

https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/6464/2-heating-zones-in-one-house-query