Smart AC Control to turn off AC unit when desired temperature is reached

Could it be possible to add a feature to the Smart AC Control that would allow for AC unit to turn off automatically when the desired temperature is reached, and then, when the Smart AC control detects that the temperature has raised 0.5-1 degrees over, to turn on the AC unit again? At the present moment, using the Smart Schedule and having the AC unit in Automatic, once the Smart AC control reaches the set temperature, the AC still cools down the room, even though the fan spins slower. It would be nice to save that energy by completely turning it off and on. Almost like the Tado Smart Thermostat works with the home boiler. Thank you.

7 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• This would definitely be useful, although it may be annoying at night as the AC will probably beep / guide fins may move every time it turns on or off.

Personally, I would like the option to just turn the AC on at a set temperature, and then leave it on for the rest of the time block with the AC controlling the temperature to the set value.

• Yes… you are right. That would be nice. The smart AC control should be able to change the AC temperature values to maintain the same temperature in the room as set on the smart AC control for that block time.
  • I agree with the suggestion and would see it as an option as i also see the annoyance of a beep. I have an AC in the office outside my house controlled by smart AC and the only option for preventing the room dropping below a temp at night or exceeding a temp during the day is to leave it running all day and all night as the controller wont turn the damn thing off when the target is clearly nowhere near the current. An example is that i set the smart schedule to cool to 22 degrees but its running the AC on dry when its 16 degrees during that period - clearly no help as its nowhere near needing to be on and dry mode is just burning money for no reason).

The radiator thermostats turn off the boiler when there is no demand for heat, so I dont understand why the smart AC doesn't.

It effectively makes smart schedules useless for me. I'm going to code around it with alexa routines for now but thats a huge hassle I didnt want when i paid a lot for the 'Smart' controller, which currently does no more than leaving the AC on Auto mode on a temperature ... that I could already do.

• Is there Any way to set the tado ac turn Off after 30 minutes or so?
  • This is a major technical debt. I use AC v3 as my heating and cooling controller for my fan coils and it doesn’t send the temperature back to the AC just like the dumb IR remote does. I wasn’t expecting this to be missing
  • Tado are Beta testing this, but at the moment it isn't yet released. Frustrating. Also, the time blocks end at midnight (when a new day starts) so it will always beep at midnight when it goes onto a new setting, waking you up...

Not a difficult fix if they think about it.

• Is it already out of beta testing and I didn't realize that or it wasn't published yet? I thought I would be able to avoid using NodeRed to do it. Thanks

• Yeah, I was using Sensibo and moved away because of their lack of Homekit support. My only complaint about Tado is this. I would love something similar to their climate react, where you set a range (turn on heat when lower than 19, turn off when higher than 21) and the AC will turn off.

• I have a solution for this problem ( I also encountered). It is not desired and you will need another app, but it works for me.

1. Download IFTTT app (if this then that)
    2. Log in etc. Add your tado ac control. You can make applets. Make two applets. 1= if temperature falls below (xx degrees, set yourself) turn on AC heating. 2 = if temperature rises above (xx degrees, set yourself), turn off AC.

Ac will maintain the temperature between applet 1 and 2 ( that you make yourself) i suggest a 0.3 degrees difference.

IFTTT is free as long as you use 2 applets, which is all you need for this.

Good luck!

I do think that this easy function should be implemented in tado ac. It is stupid that tado cannot turn off the ac when reaching a certain temperature. For radiators, tado works perfect. Pls add this same function also in the app for tado ac. Tado ac has a thermometer and the ability to turn on and off, how hard can it be?