Reduce the comfort temperature range to 18-21°c

Comments

• The more I use the tado system and the more I read, the less I feel tado is useful.

The first advice from the tado was to turn up the temperature because it was too cold and too humid! The temperature was what we've lived with for 20 years at 18.5. It was autumn hence the humidity, but it was far from uncomfortable. Now that we've hit winter and the humidity has gone, 19.5 is more comfortable.

I'm in the UK. When setting up the time blocks, a temperature of 18.9 or less shows blue, above 19 shows orange, 25 or over shows red.

• Come on, tado, time for a response in this thread or, better, an update on the application. Prefer selectable comfort range, but 19º +/- 1º would do me well also.

• Quux
    Quux
    edited March 2022
    Please, Please, Please, Add this ASAP. It has been too long on the wish list!! Especially in the current world wide situation. This should be relatively easy to fix in your software.
  • +1 on this. Temperature is 20C and I'm in T-Shirt and shorts. Tado telling me it is cold. These is possibility wrong and knocks all confidence in Tado algorithms.
  • rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

Just out of curiosity - how other brands are dealing with this 'issue'?

• @rafm5 Nest aren’t as they don’t have the concept in their app. Not sure about Hive
  • In the UK the new REGS as of 15th June 2022, state that in PART L the new optimum room temp should 19˚c, @tado please update the app to use this, or allow us to set by user.

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

For some in the EU 19°C this winter will be a dream ( ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°)

• As in UK our prices are higher than EU 🙂
  • So completely fed up with this - several years after it was added on here. Tado are actively pushing people to 1) heat more than needed, 2) spend more than needed on heating, and 3) cause the release of more carbon into the atmosphere. This isn't okay. At all.

• You can only treat it as a joke and laugh at their idiocy. No point getting wound up about it.

I'm trying all I can to keep the heating off till October. So far so good. The warmest room in the house is presently 18.2C, coolest is 16.4C and I'm comfortable.

Jogging pants, tee-shirt and light fleece are sufficient. I'm not even wearing socks.

Treat their recommendations with the contempt they deserve.
  • Same here in the Netherlands. Either make this user-defined or lower it.

Note: this is urgent! 1) Because we have to reduce our carbon footprint and 2) Because of the Ukrainian war. Gas consumption support Putin! (directly or indirectly)

• This is essential and why is it taking so long to implement?

• I'm not convinced that Tado actually monitor this forum!!

Have you tried contacting them directly with this as your issue!?

I've just done that and provided them with a link to this discussion. I got an answer but it was pretty generic!

I can't help feeling t6hat, if we all did the same, they might get the idea that this is important to us??

James

• I just updated my temperture schedule for this winter. In the schedule view, all time block look grey now... Please Tado help us to better us your app.

• ++1

A 'gradient' on the Colour used on the time schedule could help here. Instead of a being either Orange OR Grey adding a gradient of colours would help on the time-schedule as is comfortable normally here with wearing a jumper etc.

• gary333
    gary333 ✭✭✭

Wow, you lot must like cold houses! I have mine set to 18oC as the night time as the "set back temperature". Day time temps are usually 21.5 - 22.5oC. I do however agree that it should probably be a customisable range. Funny though, that when the house is 18oC in summer (but the sun is out) it does feel warmer than 18oC in darkest winter, which IMO is far too cold to be comfortable.

• eezytiger
    eezytiger ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    These are my room temperatures right now at 21:30.

EDIT : Oh bugger! I forgot to add the seen shot and now there is no image attachment icon to add it. Anyway, lounge SRT is showing 18.8C. Yes, it's actually crept up 0.1C since I grabbed the screenshot in the following post.

I'm relaxing in the lounge and I'm comfortable. The thing is, the SRTs are inches from the floor against (mostly) external walls. The temperature "within" the lounge is actually 19.6C and the heating has been off all day.

There is no earthly reason to want the SRTs to show 21C or more.

P.s. I'm 60 and my partner is 69. We do not have hypothermia. :-)
  • Sorry, missing attachment below....

• I like the air comfort feature but I want to see everything green and not blue. A comfortable temp for me, may well be different to the next person. It would be great if this were configurable. A single global 'comfort temp' would be a welcome addition. A 'comfort temp' per room would be even better.
  • this has been asked for many time over, and over, I recommend to do a search and your vote to one of those. But do not hold your breath for this to be implemented any time soon.

• Totally agree! I sent Tado this message on Twitter as well:

I notice that the app is telling me that the room is cold when we heat up to 18.5. Now, it may be cold for some, but it's also much more sustainable (environmentally and financially) to heat up to 19 degrees max. Could tado nudge consumers to heat a bit less, perhaps by adjusting these norms? Which are of course normative by definition and could help to influence consumer behaviour positively, especially in this climate and energy crisis :) hope to see a change in the near future,

Melvin

• Dim
    Dim
    edited November 2022

Guys, for me the comfort temperature is between 20 and 23. And I'm not going to change my behaviour because of carbon footprint or gas prices. Although I admit there are many of you who think differently - I suggest that Tado develops its product for all different minds!

• As suggested, please make it user adjustable what the comfort range is. Each person is different and it will also help with the current ecological and gas price issues we're having to optionally suggest a lower temp.

The Dutch government even promotes setting the thermostat to 19C.
  • Reading this thread made me laugh, after visiting the in-laws yesterday. It must have been 27 or more in there, and everyone else sweating and going red. All the rads on the highest settings and boiler must have been set at 70'c, hot enough to get a skin burn if you touched a rad.

MIL's answer to this was 'We'll turn the heating off then!' but before I left I turned their boiler down to 60. Next time I'll turn it down further. Some people didnt get the memo about energy bills and are trying to spend every last penny before they die.
  • It appears there is consensus under users that present presentation of comfortable (or cold or hot) room temperatures is not best. Tado, it cannot be difficult to create a user-definable temperature range per room in your software. Make that your Christmas gft to all of us.....

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

Out of curiosity, does any other device on the market allow this option to be changed by the user?

• This should def be a thing. Its also slightly annoying to me that 19 is orange but 18 is the same green as 17-16 etc