Non-thermostatic setup

I’m attempting to set up non-thermostatic control using the Smart AC. The codes for my Minisplit can’t be found and then the setup seems to revert to thermostatic setup on its own? Help

Comments

• Germán
    Germán | Admin
    edited August 2019

Hello Josh,

When the AC remote can't be found in the database the setup should offer you the teaching mode, so you could record the commands from your remote.

If this hasn't happened, I'd advise to please contact our support with the specific details of your system. Please, add pictures of the front and the back of your remote for our team to be able to help you more efficiently.

Best,

Germán

Edit: Since the original answer was posted, our setup process has been changed. Teaching mode is only avaiable with Smart AC Control previous versions. If you have a V3+ version, please contact support whenever your remote is not recognized.

• I have the same problem. It is an App bug. You can not configure non-thermostatic mode when your AC remote is not recognized in the database. The app will only offer you to continue using thermostatic control and will ask only for a few commands to turn on AC. Could you please check it? The latest App and Firmware updates doesn’t appear to fix the issue.

Thanks
  • Any update about this bug? I cannot Get my Tado configured properly

• Here same problem. V3+ version. Cannot teach anything when non-thermostatic setup.
  • Same problem here also! Please fix it! Or at least you could answer and tell us that you are aware of this problem. I’m thinking about to return the product because now it is completely useless for me.
  • I already contacted with Tado support and they tried to put Smart AC on non-thermostatic mode but then commands are not successfully sent to the AC (so doesn’t work). If on V2 version you had the option to train all commands, why this feature is removed now? Even cheaper remote units have this feature. It is possible to revert to V2 application while keeping HomeKit support and gain training of remote control?
  • Michael
    Michael | Moderator

Hi ASPC,

If you would buy a V2 Smart AC Control, then it would be possible to train but Homekit is not supported.

Kind regards,

Michael

• I also have this problem.

I bought a V3+ to replace an earlier model and now I can't configure it the same.

Do I need to return the V3+ unit?
  • I got the same problem, using V3+...

what can we do about this...

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] | Moderator

Hello @Fillius and @dexter2414,

Please contact our technical support by chat so they can check your account and see if there is anything they can do. 

You can find the chat on our website tado.com or on our Help Center.

We remain at your disposal,

Your tado° team