Extension Kit - Installation Will Not Complete

Hi, My Electrician has already paired the Smart Thermostat and Bridge but cannot add the Extension kit . He's partially installed the Kit and it is paired with the router but the installation will not complete. It stated that Tado needed more info. What does he need to do to complete the installation of the Extension Kit (ver 64.6) ?

Answers

• As far as I remember, installation of the exntesion kit required contact with tado and providing them all necessary information.

Have you contacted tado?

• What is missing is to tell the Smart Thermostat to use the extension kit instead of its own built-in relay.

As there are so many types of heaters, Tado recommends to utilize a professional installer (I wonder where they live, nobody will come for this...), or wait for their instructions based on what type of equipment setup you imagined and what type of heater you have (there are simple on/off controlled heaters and different bus protocols, so in some cases it might not be so simple to correctly set this up, and may also require some configuration in the heater itself).

Apart from this I also found it annoying that they would have left me in the cold flat for several days, had I not found the "hidden" instructions earlier.

They are all here: https://www.tado.com/professional-manuals

If you think your case is simple (on/off control is mostly simple) you can give it a try. I managed to set it up correctly.

Basically you have to enter the configuration menu on the thermostat, tell it to behave as a termic sensor, and check that you have an extension kit to control. It is more or less described in those manuals.

For on/off types using a mains-level power to switch, use the "230V Relay Installations" manual, for Bus systems use the low voltage systems installation manual, but in this case configuration of your heater might also be needed.

Hope to have helped although in the meantime the instructions should have arrived.

No idea why Tado does not expose its manuals more dominantly, it is as if they tried to hide them in fear of the customer making an error. On the other side, every customer with extension kit has to wait days to finally set up the heating, which is not very nice if it's cold.....

• What is missing is to tell the Smart Thermostat to use the extension kit instead of its own built-in relay.

As there are so many types of heaters, Tado recommends to utilize a professional installer (I wonder where they live, nobody will come for this...), or wait for their instructions based on what type of equipment setup you imagined and what type of heater you have (there are simple on/off controlled heaters and different bus protocols, so in some cases it might not be so simple to correctly set this up, and may also require some configuration in the heater itself).

Apart from this I also found it annoying that they would have left me in the cold flat for several days, had I not found the "hidden" instructions earlier.

They are all here: https://www.tado.com/professional-manuals

If you think your case is simple (on/off control is mostly simple) you can give it a try. I managed to set it up correctly.

Basically you have to enter the configuration menu on the thermostat, tell it to behave as a termic sensor, and check that you have an extension kit to control. It is more or less described in those manuals.

For on/off types using a mains-level power to switch, use the "230V Relay Installations" manual, for Bus systems use the low voltage systems installation manual, but in this case configuration of your heater might also be needed.

Hope to have helped although in the meantime the instructions should have arrived.

No idea why Tado does not expose its manuals more dominantly, it is as if they tried to hide them in fear of the customer making an error. On the other side, every customer with extension kit has to wait days to finally set up the heating, which is not very nice if it's cold.....

They are all here: https://www.tado.com/professional-manuals