Connection Methods

I’ve noticed in some comments reference has been made regarding whether Tado has been connected by relay or digitally. Can anyone clarify this further

Best Answer

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can either connect some Tado devices by relay - a 230v connection that can switch the boiler on or off, or via a digital connection, which can modulate the temperature output of the boiler so it can fire at a lower temperature as it approaches the target temperature of the room, minimising temperature overshooting.

Tado devices which have both relay and digital connections can only use one or the other. If you have a hot water cylinder or zoned house you will need to use a relay connection.

The EU wireless receiver, the smart thermostat and discontinued extension kit all have digital connections. The UK wireless receiver doesn’t.

Answers

• Thanks for the prompt and thorough reply which does clarify my question.
  • You can either connect some Tado devices by relay - a 230v connection that can switch the boiler on or off, or via a digital connection

How please? I have an EU wireless thermostat but it says it is connected non-digitally

• It’s probably simpler if you ask Tado directly for instructions, in my case I got an easy to follow guide with photos.