If I purchase a Tado V2 smart thermostat will I get geofencing without paying a subscription to Tado

If I purchase a Tado V2 smart thermostat will I get geofencing without paying a subscription to Tado?

Best Answer

Answers

• Yes, this also include V3.
  • Thanks for the prompt reply. It seems that I did not ask specifically enough. The question has two parts:-

(1) Does the Tado V2 smart thermostat allow for geofencing? - I think you answered yes to this.

(2) Will I have to pay the monthly subscription? - because it is Tado V2 I believe it should be subscription free. Will it be subscription free?

• I've not brought the V2 yet as I now that Tado do charge a subscription for the V3 and V3+ versions and this is not made very clear in their product marketing. I'm looking for an official answer from Tado on whether or not there is a subscription charge for the V2 smart thermostat. If there is then I won't purchase one.

• A V3 will be ok, you definitely not required to pay the subscription. I am using V3 now. It is the bridge that determines which version. When you installed the Tado Apps and when it ask for upgrade to V3+, just decline and ignore it.
  • I've just installed a v2. I'm being prompted to upgrade the app to v3+, and it says I'll continue to get free automated geo fencing. I am actually considering doing so, btw, to get manual control of Hone/Away mode.
  • I'm on V2 but upgraded the app. Not had to sign up for a subscription.