Remeha Avanta Ace 28s

I've just got the new Remeha Avanta Ace 28s installed that comes with Remeha RU2 (eTwist) thermostat. I want to use tado thermostat instead. The system has just 2 wires so if I understand this correctly, I can plug these two wires either in:

• NO + Com terminals - for relay mode and only for heating
  • Digital +|- terminals - for openTherm mode for heating AND hot water

A bit confused with the wiring.

Is it so?

Answers

• If you put a live current into the digital connections you’ll blow the circuit board. There should be clearly marked digital terminals on the boiler. If there are, you can connect them to either the Tado smart thermostat or the eu version of the wireless receiver.
  • Thanks for your reply, johnnyp78.

The manual says that these two wires are for OT (as I understand openTherm) and RT (room thermostat, I guess this means relay). And the tado manual says I can wire OT to Digital input. However, the question remains regarding + and - wires.

• Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭

What is the question? 7-8 are OpenTherm on this boiler. OT is preferred for better boiler control.

• Don’t understand what the question is either.
  • The question is: Can I connect these two wires to the Digital Input on tado thermostat?

• Yes, why do you think you can’t?
  • I've just decided to double check, don't want to burn the thermostat. Thanks!

• If you put the wires from the digital terminals on the boiler, to the digital terminals on the Tado device, as both the illustrations you’ve attached above show, you will be fine.
  • Thanks! Hope it works!