Hot water temperature

I would love to be able to see the temperature of water in my hot water tank. Having a connected water tank thermostat should do the trick. This would allow the system to detect usage by seeing a significant drop in temperature as the tank refills with cold. Which in turn would determine a pattern of use and possibly how much water has been used. Which could then be used in future witrh smart scheduling to only heat the water required based on average usage.

18 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• This should be part of the app and usage reporting. Such a shame it's not been implemented yet!!

Come on Tado!!
  • I used to use Honeywell and had the hot water temperature always available.

Now I'm using Tado and I really miss seeing the hot water temperature at any time.

Please upgrade the app!
  • I would really value a water cylinder temperature sensor as I also have solar water heating so only want to use gas when the sun hasn't shone enough to get the temperature up or when we've used more HW than usual resulting in a temperature drop
  • Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭

HW storage hasn’t been a priority for Tado so far.

If you want to measure the temperature you’d be better off installing something to do that.

• davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

I agree this could be useful but unfortuntately think this would be a significant challenge for Tado as there are so many different brands and types of HW cylinder

• You could buy a data logger with temperature sensor. Then analyse the data captured.

If tado permitted download of your data, you could then overlay the two sets.