Send notifications when firmware downloads taking place

Options
Recently at 04:00 all my tado devices disconnected from the internet and all smart radiator valves turned to off. During the day various devices reconnected then disconnected again. On investigation I found the Smart valves were being updated with new firmware. On continuing tado I was told that firmware updates can disrupt the operation of the other devices. I suggest that tado send a notification either by the app or email, pointing out that there is a firmware update taking place and this may affect the operation of the installation. Also showing a link as to how to revert to manual operation during the update.
7 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• paul0000
    paul0000 ✭✭✭
    Options

😏 Welcome to the world of tado where the marketing woo's you in the but the product fails to deliver and the company is as quiet as an abandoned house.

Most tado customers would be classed as power users/astute and I 100% simple improvements like this would help.

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    I will be removing my tado° devices from my system and fitting a Weather Compensation sensor to my Viessmann Vitodens 050-W combi boiler as soon as this current winter spell is over.