Anthracite RAD Thermostats.

Got two lovely anthracite rads in my house but don't want to add white rad thermostats on them. Good idea? Some other colour options would be good.
6 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• What a great idea.......
  • andyblac
    andyblac ✭✭✭

don't hold your breath....

• @andyblac
    But it should be so high up in tado`s list of great ideas.......
  • andyblac
    andyblac ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

@GrayDav4276 well it does not need any technical know how, so there at least hope... as it seem if it requires any knowledge they zero hope of anything.....

I just waiting on Drayton to add a few changes to their Wiser system, and then i'm gona jump ship. I'm done with Tado

• I will be removing my tado° devices from my system and fitting a Weather Compensation sensor to my Viessmann Vitodens 050-W combi boiler as soon as this current winter spell is over.
  • @andyblac
    I'm going to go "old school".....no smart radiator thermostats.....standard TRV's.....combi with Weather Compensation and Viessmann's own wireless controller.
  • andyblac
    andyblac ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

I'm thinking of go Drayton Wiser with Weather Comp sensor on my Baxi 836, as there OpenTherm is supposed to be a bit *naughtyword*, but the rest of it looks good, local schedules, links to GAS smart meter to true energy insights, and still has Call for heat, the only thing missing the ability to disable "call for heat" in certain rooms, But i did have a conversation regarding my "Scheduled Call for Heat" request i did here, and the Level 3 support guy was really interested in the idea, and said he would bring it up in the next Tech Meeting, so it looks good for it been added the the Drayton Wiser 😀

Sorry to hijack this post.

• Why not get some vinyl wrap to colour your rad valves or spray paint them. mask off the sensor holes etc first - if you get a light enough coat (perhapse use an air brush rather than a rattle can) you'll probably still be able to see the display through the paint (if thats something thats important to you) - i have mine all on child lock and do everything from the web or the app so dont care about the display anyway.

Not sure why the thread has changed from a coloured SRV request into a Im leaving Tado thread. I mean I'm having my own (serious) issues with Tado too (which hopefully they are working on) - but overall its a great system that does a fantastic job of modulating my boiler for the demand of my 4 zones / 6 rad valves... what's it not doing that the Drayton wiser will do?