Offline rads

I keep getting “offline” notifications for mainly 2 of my TRVs. The batteries are brand new out of the box. Unfortunately our modem is a one end of the house (bungalow) and the troublesome rads are the furthest away so I assume this has to do with the distance from the bridge and modem. How do I fix this? (I am a grandmother with little IT knowledge so please keep any answer simple!)

Best Answers

• Winnywood
    Winnywood
    Answer ✓
    Sounds like you need a wifi extender/ booster fitting. You can buy these from places like currys or other electrical retailers. Some internet providers will supply them to. They are easy to fit and just require being place within the existing wifi range and being plugged into a socket. Another option is powerline network adapter where Internet signal is sent down the mains electricity circuit. These to are available from electrical retailers.
  • Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The Tado SRTs don’t use Wi-Fi.

If you can get the bridge more central, it will help. You’ll probably need a cable.

• Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The Internet and Wi-Fi are two different things.

Tado does use your Internet connection, but it doesn't use your Wi-Fi network in any way.

Tado units create their own wireless network, that nothing else shares or uses.

Answers

• Thank you for your suggestion. We have BT Halo internet which is supposed to cover the whole house and is a vast improvement on the old BT internet we used to have. We don’t have any problems with our phones or iPads anywhere in the house but could these be affecting the capacity (if that’s the correct word) and lessening what’s available for the TRVs? Maybe the halo has slipped!
  • If SRTs don’t use internet, why is the bridge plugged in to the modem? Sorry to be so slow on the uptake. These new-dangled devices are not intuitive to old brains like mine.
  • Thank you. That makes sense - even to me!🤣