Upgrading a four zonal plus underfloor heating with Tado

Hi All,

My current heating is based on the following 'Y' plan system:

Downstairs Radiators: 2-way Zone valve controlled from Horstman Controller 1, Channel 1 - No Thermostat

Upstairs Radiators: 2-way Zone valve controlled from Horstman Controller 1, Channel 2 - No Thermostat

Conservatory UFH: 2-way Zone valve controlled from Horstman Controller 1, Channel 3 - Wall Thermostat (wired)

Annex Radiators: 2-way Zone controlled from Horstman Controller 2, Channel 1 - No Thermostat

Domestic Hot Water: 2-way controlled from Horstman Controller 2, Channel 2 - Cylinder Thermostat (wired)

All radiators have manual TRV's fitted.

What would I need to make this system 'smart' by installing TADO and how can it be achieved? It would be difficult (but not impossible) to wire the three zones currently with no thermostats, however I would prefer to use wireless ones if possible.

Any advise would be welcome before considering upgrading this system.

Thank you.

Answers

• Hello Boskenza,

First of all thank you for your interest in tado°.

As your Domestic Hot Water (DHW) is controlled by a 2 channel controller tado° what you suggest is partly possible. Regarding the 3 channel controller, it would have to remain and 3 Smart Thermostats would have to be wired to each channel. The Annex Radiators could be fitted with Smart Radiator Thermostats.

So in short it is possible, however we do still recommend you to contact our support team via the contact form:

Kind regards,

Joey