Smart radiator thermostats not triggering heat

Options
Hi Guys.
I started my set up with a starter Kit with a wired wall mounted Smart Thermostat that used to control heating over all the house.
Progressively added up Smart Radiator Thermostat on every single radiator which was working perfectly, closing valve when there was no need to heat and opening circuit plus triggering heat when needed on specific room only.
My trouble started when added up extension kit, which afterwards despite hot water responding perfectly, no heating was responsive.
After contacting Tado Support, an engineer explained me that there had been some miscommunication and the remote configuration when I added the extension kit was made planning only the hot water. After some “magic tweaks” got heating back but only the kitchen room (where the wall Smart Thermostat is mounted + smart radiator thermostats).
Contacted Tado Support again and was told the following:

“””””Thank you for contacting us.

From the information you have provided we have understood that your heating system has separate zones controlled by zone valves (often referred to as motorised or 2-port valves).

Currently the installation of Smart Radiator Thermostats on multi-zone homes is possible if your heating system consists of:

zone valves which are controlled by wired thermostats that send a call for heat directly to the boiler
Our Smart Radiator Thermostats are able to call for heat from the boiler because it not only opens the radiator valve, but also asks the Smart Thermostat or the Extension Kit to send a demand for heat to the boiler.

It is not possible, however, for the Smart Radiator Thermostat to ask the Smart Thermostat to ask the Extension Kit to call for heat.
In your particular scenario, according to the tests that we did last Wednesday and other tests done prior to sending this email, the heating must be ON on both, Smart Thermostat and Extension Kit so the boiler starts.

Therefore, then you have 2 options:

We can configure the Smart Radiator Thermostats so that they simply run a schedule when someone is at home. They will not be able to call for heat from the boiler, but only open/close the radiator.
You can discuss with an electrician to have your heating system rewired so that it functions as the point described above.
Please feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions.

Kind regards”””””

I’m I being very obtuse?
How can a system that was controles one one zone only previously is been so faulty and taking so many contacts to restore previous function?

Many thanks in advance for your help guys

Comments

• Apg
    Options
    Update - heating not triggering boiler at all since last email received today, unless hot water on :/
    Resolution seems to be going backwards if something
  • Tadcad
    Options

Has this issue been resolved and how?

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@Tadcad - Hello unfortunately Apg has not been on this forum since last August.

• stevemarks
    Options

Have you bridged the wired thermostat and changed the config to a wireless thermostat?

All your TRV's and wireless thermostats should then control the extension to control your call for heating.

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Hi @stevemarks,
    Are you aware that you are responding to some posts that are in some cases over a year old ?? 🤔
    Just thought I'd mention it so that you don't waste your time ✔️