Away mode not working

Options
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how away mode is supposed to work? I'm not on the paid plan but when I leave I get the message to set "Away" so go into the app and do that. I thought it would stay this way until I turn back to home mode
However Tado seems to ignore this and always turns on 30 mins before my scheduled "Home" mode. It's not using my location to turn on early as I'm sometimes home an hour or so before the schedule and the house is still at the "away" temperature but if I'm home an hour or so later the heating graph shows it came on and heated up according to the schedule even though the app is still showing me as "Away". That's just a waste of energy as its heating an empty house for hours!
I asked for the data logs of my heating so I could check with a better graph but Tado wouldn't supply them and just said. "Its working normally"...

Comments

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@Brian_D You are correct in your understanding of the working of away mode. clutching at straws here on the 3rd line of your post above but have you selected early start for your Smart Schedules (top right corner of smart schedule)

• Brian_D
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, just checked and nope it's not selected. 🤷‍♂️
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

Another straw to clutch at! Are there any other tado registered users?

• Brian_D
    Options
    Afraid not, just me.
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

No idea if this will work but worth a try. Reset each of your devices - see

• Brian_D
    Options
    After a few different support chats I've finally got to the bottom of it, when you set up your schedule theres an advanced section with a toggle to turn on geofencing control. I didn't know it was there and just thought geolocation automatically worked based off the away/home buttons on the main heat section!🤦‍♂️

Thanks for your suggestions though. Much appreciated 👍
  • Ha! I was going crazy with this @Brian_D, so thank you for reporting it back.

I don't understand why the default behaviour is for the schedule to disregard the big AWAY button and the user needs to go through each time block and enable the Geofencing control... but hey it works.

Thanks!