Installation help

Options

I have a Worcester Bosh Greenstar 30i ERP boiler fitted with a Drayton LP10RF programmer. How do I wire in my extension kit?

All I need is to control the heating wirelessly.

Pics attached of the existing wiring.

I have contacted Tado Support several times now with pictures asking for help but have no response yet and I'm starting to feel I've wasted my money as the Tado is useless to me at the moment, maybe I should just get a refund?

Thanks for any help

Answers

• tibtib
    Options

Hi @Flip

Did you check this doc : https://www.tado.com/start/manuals/st/101961_F-ST01IB01-INSTALLER_MANUAL_DIGITAL-TA-UK-03.pdf ?

There is a section for Worcester boiler. This vendor seems to use a digital bus named HT-BUS.

According to Worcester user guide located here : https://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/support/literature/download/release/6720806944/12633 (look at page 13)

I guess you should try to connect the Extension kit wire on EMS port (External control system with EMS bus control (connection for Worcester intelligent wall mounted controls).

On the extension kit side, plug the wires on digital bus side at the right on + and - pins as described in the tado installer documentation

• Michael
    Michael ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Flip,

Thanks for the patience.

I've seen that that our Installation Team send you installation instructions. If you need any help, just contact Support again.

Kind regards,

Michael

• Jpuk1
    Options

Instruction I had was for Honeywell controller replacement but I have a wire less thermostat receiver wired in junction box. Can you send me wiring instructions to replace timer (controller), junction box and wireless thermostat.

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options

@Jpuk1 This is the community site. You should reach out to Tado support for instructions.

The Honeywell wired programmer and wireless room stat is the same as ours. The wirelsss 3+ Tado receiver box replaces the Honeywell programmer. The Honeywell wireless thermostat receiver cover will need to be opened and bridge the output wires with the supplied connector link to ‘call for heat’. The Honeywell wiring box is usually a rats nest of wires.