The Big Idea Archive

Comments

• Technically there is nothing restricting you from running two bridges from one router.

The best option is your suggestion of running a CAT6 cable from your router to the neighbour’s house as the connection of the tado kit to the bridge will be more reliable in the same house. If you’re particularly generous to your neighbour you could run a CAT6 from your router to a switch such as the TP-LINK TL-SG108S in their house and give them internet access for anything!

All that’s important, as far as I can see, is that each bridge is set up on a different tado account, where it gets its internet access from is irrelevant.
  • Very similar to https://tado.vanillacommunities.com/en-gb/discussion/459/launch-an-external-temperature-sensor-for-the-smart-radiator-thermostats/p1

The only difference is that I would put the display and controls into the sensor.

• Fully support. It would also help if the sleeping temperature could have a copy and paste feature. This would also be good for the weekdays, where one may have three or four days with a standard pattern and the others different. The current settings force you to programme each day which is not that user friendly. This could also be solved by having more than the three profiles (1) Mon to Sun, 2) Sat+Sun, and weekdays, 3) each day

• Yes please. Indeed I'd like this facility even if the device isn't in the same room! I'd like to be able to share a schedule across multiple devices in the home.

• That it would be possible to set the room order in the Tado app myself and not based on first to last added.

Interface exist of tiles which cannot be moved around to place in a more logical order (my order ;) ).

• The current maximum value for thermostaat and radiator knobs is 25 degrees.

I would love to have 2 settings for each room: one for max and one for min value in between people in the room may set the requested room temperature.

We have often guests and/or family in the house who don't understand the concept of central heating and the cost of energy and set the temperature to the highes possible value.

• Jakosaur
    Jakosaur ✭✭✭

The more and more we use Tado, the more we need the suggestion in my first comment/suggestion! 🙂👍

• I searched for sort and tiles and not for order 😊

• RorusBass
    RorusBass
    edited March 2020

Frankly the guest mode in general seems like a good idea. How do you handle guests that do not have a smart phone?

• 3 things would be extremely useful

- to also see the humidity on the rooms tiles. Today I need to click on everyone of them which is extremely annoying

- to have an overview of the rooms in tabular form: current temperature, setup temperature, humidity, heating on/off

- to be able to see on a graph more than 1 day, and if possible all the rooms on the graph

• I know that many folk (myself included) give their phones to their children so that they can play educational games and the like. As the title, it would be good if the Tado app could be setup to require Face or TouchID so that children (or anybody else who happened to have the phone) couldn't play around with the heating settings.

• Right now I'm looking into getting a hybrid heatpump to heat and cool. To me it looks like Tado is not fit for this role at all.

• Same issue here. I suspect it’s related to the large offset I need on the valve (to counteract the error caused by being so close to the radiator). This makes the valve think the room is colder than it really is when the heating is switched off.

Maybe I’m kidding myself though. Maybe early start is just rubbish.

• Jakosaur
    Jakosaur ✭✭✭

Summary:

OWD needs to be enabled in rare instances. Does detect everything correctly right now, 99% of the time for us.

OWD needs to remain active, with manual user cancellation still, until the temperature stays the same, or is increasing. Once that is detected, start the timer for that room for OWD. In our case, 15 minutes.

In the app, you have to cancel OWD to change the room temp. Pressing cancel may turn the heating on, which isn't ideal if you just want to turn the room off.

• A basic feature: hot water control should be available to homekit.

• The arbitrary limit of 10 rooms needs to be increased. It should also be more prominently stated in all documentation! I have 14 rooms that I want independent control over! I only discovered the limit when I installed my 11th device! Also it two heat calling modes should be user configurable and not require a call to support.

• I’m very disappointed that this Early Start feature doesn’t work. I have recently installed TRV’s and full boiler control with an extension unit and smart thermometer and I am disappointed that this key feature does not work as advertised ( unless you want to increase your fuel bill significantly!).

• In my current setup the thermostate is basically just used to ensure hot water is supplied to the radiators when they need it. The easiest way to do so would be to set the thermostate at an absurdly high temperature (say 30). But that would be a waste of energy. Currently I set the thermostate at 23 and the room it’s located in at 21 which more or less ensures hot water will be available in the other rooms when target temperature is below current temperature, but on the one hand this recipe is not waterproof and on the other it still results in waste. Technically this seems easy to implement. I realise that including it in the user interface in a foolproof way is challenging.
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@MGTW Why don't you ask support to change the mode so that all tado devices can call for heat? Or have I misunderstood your post?

• Thanks for your advice. I will give it a try. The guy who installed the Tado said this was not possible, but I get the impression that the system is more able than he knows.
  • Is it possible to see the energy consumption per room

• Ability under boiler repair to set preconfigured system states to help you perform boiler or system maintenance.
    Examples:
    -all trvs set to high, allow trapped air to circulate in the system so you can bleed radiators or flush system
    - return to auto, once finished.
  • Hello.

I would like to manually choose when to switch my entire heating system on or off rather than depending on Geofencing, when I’m driving b hands free, or having to switch each device individually.

Surely this would be incredibly easy in software.

Cheers Rob

• Hello.

Why can’t users control whether to allow TRVs to call for heat? Some of my radiators don’t have or need Smart TRVs and I don’t always need my TRVs to fire the boiler up on their own, especially when there’s a Thermostat in the same room.

I can request that TRVs are removed from boiler control by using the online chat etc... but why can’t this feature be built into the devices / rooms menu so that I can choose how my system functions as and when I want?

Cheers Rob

• Strongly support the need for a manual home/away switch in the app and on the website!

If your phone dies, how do you change the setting otherwise? Also, just really useful.
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭

Manual Home/Away switch out in beta version which you can use now.

• Hi.

I realise that not everyone have the same habits, but mine are to open all windows and close all when I renew the air in the house. Since OWD is not always working 100% and it takes a bit of time for the thermostat to realise the windows has been opened I would like a "optional" fetaure where if a set number of thermostats has detected open windows all other thermostats are immediately set to Open Windows Status as well.

This way no one radiator is trying to heat everything up and I even save a few minutes of heating while going around the house to open alle the windows.

• Hi.

I have my daughter living with me every other week.

As she goes to school quite near and do not have the same "work hours" as me I would like to suggest that we could have multiple plans that would in one go change multiple settings in the app.

In my case the geofence distance is quite near to my home because her school is close by. I have to leave it there even when she is not with me otherwise the house heats up.

I would like to be able to exclude her phone (device) from the geofencing the weeks she is not staying with me.

Also, I get home from work at 17:00 every day, but she is home by 14:30 so either I heat the house from 14:30 or she will be cold until I get home. With two schedules available this could be solved.

In addition she has a room for creative work that is only used when she is here.

So all in all I would like to have a master switch preferably managed by a calendar where al sorts of settings could be changed and switched on and off. It should of course be possible to override the chosen plan quite easily.

Best regards

Hans Henrik Nørregaard

• Please can you make it possible to see the graphs of thermostat temperature and humidity on the web interface as well as the existing view in the app.

This discussion has been closed.