2 floors heating

Hi,

I have installed Tado on ground floor with floor heating. Upstairs there are individual radiators with thermostatic valve.

But, if on ground floor heating is off, than I can't heat upstairs room. So I think I need a second smart thermostat, but don't know how to install it (wired-wireless?).

Thanks for help!

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

@George78 I take it to mean that upstairs your TRVs are tado? If so you can ask support on the chatline to change your tado devices status to 'all devices able to call for heat regardless of the position of the boiler-controlling tado thermostat'. I suspect, therefore, that you are on the default setting of no heat unless boiler-control thermostat is calling for heat?

• No, upstairs TRVs are not tado, they are normal TRVs. There are 8 TRVs, so I don't want to buy all tados.

Can I solve my problem with a second thermostat?

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@George78 A second thermostat would only work if you have a motorised zone valve controlled by tado which opens/closes the upstairs circuit. Even with that, it would mean that opening that valve would allow all 8 TRVs to get heat subject to their settings.

• OK, thx. I'm trying to solve it.