What do the tile colours on the app actually mean?

Right now, each zone / room has a different tile colour. I have one green and three orange, although I think they might even be different shades of orange (just). What are they trying to tell me?

Mejor Respuesta

Respuestas

• I agree. I don’t see why my rooms should show as not warm when they are warm enough for me.
  • +1 the current colours are meaningless

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

The color coding system as other measuring systems must be standardized for exact results. It doesn't mean that your room is cold. It indicates a temperature interval that your place falls into.

The problem is not with colors, but that everyone feels cold differently and your comfort zone isn't necessary the same as mine...

• andyblac
    andyblac ✭✭✭

This is related to "Air Comfort", IMO we should be able to control what we personally feel is "Cold", "Too Warm" or "Optimal". This would then tie in to these coloured tiles.

• Rob2
    Rob2 ✭✭✭

It appears that Tado does not believe in user configurable parameters. Some parameters are settable by the servicedesk, but these even are not amongst them. Thinks like optimal temperature and maximum settable temperature are all hardwired in the software, and parameters that can be changed (e.g. temperature setting of the boiler) can only be set by the servicedesk.

It seems like a culture change in the company is required to change this. Maybe that will happen once they are listed on the stock market? The system needs an "advanced settings" page where the user can configure existing tunable parameters and also additional ones like mentioned above.

• andyblac
    andyblac ✭✭✭
    editado marzo 2022

agreed, maybe a "Engineer Mode" of the app, so only these advanced features can be accessed once this mode is activated, that could be done by the service desk. So regular people can not mess with things they do not understand. (sorry for going off topic slightly)

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

Some of you may be interested in voting for ''Reduce the comfort temperature range to 18-21°c''

https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/3984/reduce-the-comfort-temperature-range-to-18-21-c#latest

• Clearly we all have different requirements and mine even vary by room - so difficult to have everyone happy!
    But I’d vote for something like:
    Green: Not heating and the temperature in that room is within -0.5 degrees of target, or over target.
    Amber: Heating but temperature is within -1 degree of target.
    Red: Heating and temperature is more than 1 degree below target.
    Target would be the temperature setting for the room at that time.
  • andyblac
    andyblac ✭✭✭

@Pixel666 I would say

DARK AMBER: Heating and temperature is more than 1 degree below target.

RED: Heating and temperature is more than 1 degree ABOVE target.,

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    editado abril 2022

My good lady complains that the colours are not bright enough for her eyes, that have cataract replaced lenses. The workaround is to turn up the screen brightness on her phone.

• Surely the heating would switch off of the temperature was more than 1 degree above target?
  • Rob2
    Rob2 ✭✭✭

Yes, so what? At this time, my target temperature is 20.5, the actual temperature is 23.7, and the heating is off.

Sunshine, you know.

• I think it makes more sense for the colours to describe what is happening. Orange when it's heating, green when it is at temperature, and grey when it is off.

I previously had a Nest and it's a lot more easy to understand that colour relates to thermostat's current status. If colour is just duplicating what the text says, this doesn't add any useful information.