Tado Draadloze Slimme Thermostaat V3+ Startpakket draadverbinding met met Honeywell VC8015

Opties

Hello everyone,

Recently I bought Tado Thermostat V3 with the wireless receiver.

I have a floor heating system connected to the district heating (stadsverwarming) with a Honeywell VC8015 valve. The Honeywell VC8015 valve has the following attached cable.

I have several questions. 1) I would like to confirm that Honeywell VC8015 valve can be connected to Tado's wireless receiver. 2) What is the correspondence between the cables of the above image and the COM/NC/NO sockets of the wireless receiver (see below)?

Reacties

• Douwe
    Douwe ✭✭✭
    december 2022 aangepast
    Opties
    You also need a 24vac power source for connection of the valve

See here:

https://community.tado.com/nl/discussion/3921/thermostaat-aansluiten-op-honeywell-vc8015#latest
  • Nikitas
    Opties

@Douwe Thank you for the reply. I don't have that. I think it's the part in the red circles of the following image. Wonder if I can find this part somewhere and buy it separately.

• Douwe
    Douwe ✭✭✭
    Opties
    But is the valve operating now? Whitout the tado system? Then there must be some power source now already
  • Nikitas
    Opties

No there isn't. The previous owner had attached on the valve the following system:

"Honeywell Home zone regelset evohome, voor radiatorregeling - ATP924G3010" (link: https://www.installatievakwinkel.nl/honeywell-home-zone-regelset-evohome-voor-radiatorregeling-atp924g3010)

and he told me that he didn't have a power cable.

My system right now looks like this:

That's all what I have.

Honestly, I am a bit lost. A stupid question from my amateur side: Could it be the case that Tado's wireless receiver can provide the required power via its NC socket?

• Douwe
    Douwe ✭✭✭
    Opties
    No the nc socket is just the switch on your diagram in your first post. There must be some 24V AC power source in your system somewhere. The evo system from your link is battery operated according the website. Otherwise you need to buy one like from your pictures in red circle
  • Nikitas
    Opties

So there wasn't a 24v power source because the previous guy had the battery-based evo system. Honeywell sells the 24v power source separately and I managed to buy it and install it:

Tado was successfully connected to the Honeywell valve and works like a charm! 😀

Case closed

• Andreplusplus
    Opties
    Nice, but you should ask the previous owner for the money. He is obliged to deliver a house that is fit for living in, i.e. heating must work and hot water must be available at the faucets. Your broker should have pointed that out.