Very loud sound near the radiator on 2nd floor, after using Tado on Stadsverwarming

Opties

I would like to kindly ask for help:

Problem:

The very loud sound is one-time "bang", like a hammer hitting on the metal.

The sound is happening rather randomly. It can take 30mins or hours before the next sound happen. I can not manually reproduce the problem. It might happen during the main switch is turned on/off.

The heating itself is working properly.

Setup:

one room with one Tado Radiator thermostat (living room with both Tado thermostat and and Tado radiator thermostat).

There are rooms with "old" knob. The knob are typically set on "frost protection".

What has been tried:

* release the air. I left all radiator open. release the air from ground floor to 2nd floor.

* Change back to "old" knob of the radiator in the 2nd floor. The sound persists.

* Asked the Kemkens to visit and check. No cause is found. It was mentioned that this may be related to the combination of Tado and Stadsverwarming, which has higher water temp and pressure.

Reacties

• Jan_nl
    Jan_nl ✭✭✭
    Opties

Can it be that at some point all knobs are closed? And that at that moment the sound occurs?

• SimonHui
    Opties

Thanks for the reply. It does not seem so. When the sound happened, I checked the status of each room and found at least one room is heating.

• SimonHui
    Opties

Update:

I replaced the TADO Radiator thermostat with the normal knubs. I did keep the TADO thermostat on the wall. I haven't heard any sound since then.

• Jan_nl
    Jan_nl ✭✭✭
    Opties

So propably all knobs are closed at some point, in spite of the fact the app seems to indicate a room is heating.

Do you have a bypass (or one radiator with an ordinary knob that is always (partly) open?