Multiple valves in the same room, Apple home kit shows same temperature.

Options

I have 3 x valves in the living room + the thermostat. Apple home kit shows always same temperature on all valves and therm. Is this a bug? How can I check the real temperature on each radiator of the living room. Humidity sensor works fine.

Tado app only shows the temperature of the master for the living room.

THanks

Answers

• Hi ddnad,

As only one thermostat is selected as the lead thermostat for a room, all devices assigned to that room will give you the same temperature value. If you feel that the lead thermostat is not giving the best reference temperature, you can simply select another thermostat over settings in the tado° app.

Best regards,

Frank

• ddnad
    ddnad ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Frank but there are two different temperature parameters:

-> 1: temperature of each valve or thermostat (into the orange cercle)

-> 2: temperature of the lead device (bottom line: heating to 23)

It makes sense all devices in the same room takes the lead temperature but the temp into the orange cercle should be the temperature of each valve right? If I check humidity parameter, on each valve is different and they are not getting the lead humidity parameter.

For me, it looks more like a bug because I guess each valve knows its temperature.

• Hi ddnad,

Thanks for the picture, helps me to understand your point. This does seem to be a bug in the sense that the humidity reading should also be the same across the devices, as this is also determined by the lead thermostat.

It is the lead-thermostats' humidity reading that is used to trigger the Open Window Detection, for example, and not an a mean or median across thermostats.

I'll forward this on to one of the product managers so that they can determine the best way to fix this.

Thanks again for your input, I really appreciate it!

Best regards,

Frank

• ddnad
    ddnad ✭✭✭
    Options

Many thanks Frank. The thing is the humidity parameter is different on each device. For small rooms it is fine but in my case I have an open plan space and it would be interesting to know the temp on each area because that can be so different on some conditions. The idea of the lead thermostat is perfect, but why do not add more variables for automation? why loosing data when it is available on each device? I think It is just how the info of each element is showed at the front end side. For people with this solution in big spaces it would be great.

• Hi ddnad,

I've passed this on, as there are plans to further develop the customisation possibilities with particular attention being paid to how users can tailor their tado° for open-plan living spaces.

Best regards,

Frank